Downloading flight data using a Mac.

Were all the flights done with same mobile device?
I try to after done flying that day, when I am at home downloading picts and vids from the sd card.

Bring up my flight logs and save them to the cloud, your other mobile devices, will get updated when press sync.

I had some flights that were not saved and my android device touch screen quit, all I could do was turn it on. Couldn't turn it off, Just let the battery go dead. I hooked it up to computer USB, and I could access the folders on the system. Copied every folder I could, then copied the flight logs into same folders on a different android that I installed DJI app brought up the flight logs and synced to the DJI cloud.

Hi all,

I have attached a PDF that will show you how to mount the Phantom on the Mac so you can see it just like any other external drive. There are several steps, but in the end you can copy individual .DAT files versus making a .DMG of the entire microSD card.
Hello Greg,
I have been following discussions on this topic for quite some time. last attempt using disk utility and creating an image did not work for me, so i was really looking forward to following your detailed method, especially that other mac users seem to have had success with it.
unfortunately, did not work for me. so any advice would be appreciated.

My drone : Phantom 3 Professional
aircraft s/w version :1.9.60
controller s/w version : 1.6.0
DJI Go App s/w version : 2.9.0

my computer system
Mac Pro (Mid 2010) with an upgraded graphics card
Operating system : OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6
4 (four) hard drives ( to handle the large amount of image and video data)

my sytsem successfully recognizes devices with SD cards attached via a USB port (see screen capture of the terminal command "diskutil list". You will see disk 0 through disk 5. disk 4 is the sd card inside the GPS device for increased memory, and disk 5 is the GPS device itself.

however, the screen shot when i attach the P3P to the computer when "data flight mode" is invoked, shows only disks 0 through 3.

I did notice a discrepancy between your pdf file and my system. My bootup disk is not 0 but rather 3. However, connecting the GPS unit with its sd card simply took up the numbers disk 4 and disk 5.

I apologize for the data dump, but am stuck. terminal screen Garmin.jpgterminal P3P connected.jpg

This is my first attempt at trying to access the flight data logs, and no success. Any thoughts as to why I can't see the DJI DATA LOG volume?

DJI Phantom 3 Professional
UA f/w v 1.09.60
Controller f/w v 1.6.0
Android App v 2.8.3
iMac running 10.11.6
Also attempted on MacBookPro running 10.11.2

This is my first attempt at trying to access the flight data logs, and no success. Any thoughts as to why I can't see the DJI DATA LOG volume?

DJI Phantom 3 Professional
UA f/w v 1.09.60
Controller f/w v 1.6.0
Android App v 2.8.3
iMac running 10.11.6
Also attempted on MacBookPro running 10.11.2

Welcome to the forum!
To be sure, the data from the aircraft?
Not the flight log from the mobile.

Rod

Added: Have been to this website?
Look under HowTo's
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Sorry, I added something as your were posting.

Rod

Welcome to the forum!
To be sure, the data from the aircraft?
Not the flight log from the mobile.

Rod

Added: Have been to this website?
Look under HowTo's
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Thanks for the link. I was able to track down the .TXT log file from my phone, which ultimately worked for importing into my logbook.

However, I still can't gain access to the .DAT files on the UA itself. Although with the .TXT files, it doesn't really matter any more.

I have only done it with a PC, and files are huge. As soon as your tell your app to do it, then it comes up as a removable drive.

Rod

Hi all,

I have attached a PDF that will show you how to mount the Phantom on the Mac so you can see it just like any other external drive. There are several steps, but in the end you can copy individual .DAT files versus making a .DMG of the entire microSD card.

Hi GregWV. Many thanks for the PDF. I got it working fine thanks. However, I cannot COPY the .DAT files. I get an error 36 as shown in the screen grab. Do you our your friend have any ideas? Cheers. Tristan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.41.23.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.41.23.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 314
Hi GregWV. Many thanks for the PDF. I got it working fine thanks. However, I cannot COPY the .DAT files. I get an error 36 as shown in the screen grab. Do you our your friend have any ideas? Cheers. Tristan

Scrub that. I turned the Inspire off and repeated the TEMRMINAL session again ... this time it was a success. THANKS :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31