EXIF, .DAT .CSV files sought for book research project

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I am writing a chapter on UAV forensics for a forthcoming book on cyber forensics.

I am looking to include in this chapter of the book, an example of:

1. The type of information that is in a EXIF data file, which is created and stored once an image is taken by the camera from the UAV.
2. The contents of a .DAT file, again to provide an example of the type of information contained in a UAV .DAT file
3. The contents of a .CSV file, once again to provide an example of the type of information contained in a .CSV file created from a UAV

I am looking for anyone willing to share a current .DAT or .CSV file and/or his/her EXIF data file, to be used as an example of the file types and their respective contents, for inclusion in this chapter of the book.

I am NOT looking for any EXIF, .DAT, or .CSV files that may contain proprietary, sensitive or restricted information.

If you have been out with your aircraft and have taken some images...cows in a field, a building, a sunset, your neighborhood, a shakedown/test flight, etc., and would be willing to share the EXIF and .DAT or .CSV file, I would be extremely grateful.

If I can use your material and it is included in the chapter, I can offer two options for citation of your contributed material.

Option one, if you do not wish your name used, I can simply state that the image was contributed by a Forum member. Option 2, if you would like your name mentioned, please provide it to me and I will include your name in the image citation.

If you are a business owner and wish the company’s name and contact information included in the citation, please provide that as well.

Thank you everyone in advance, for any assistance you may be able to provide toward my research efforts.

Cheers,

Al

Reactions: alisomilon
Hi everyone...

I am writing a chapter on UAV forensics for a forthcoming book on cyber forensics.

I am looking to include in this chapter of the book, an example of:

1. The type of information that is in a EXIF data file, which is created and stored once an image is taken by the camera from the UAV.
2. The contents of a .DAT file, again to provide an example of the type of information contained in a UAV .DAT file
3. The contents of a .CSV file, once again to provide an example of the type of information contained in a .CSV file created from a UAV

I am looking for anyone willing to share a current .DAT or .CSV file and/or his/her EXIF data file, to be used as an example of the file types and their respective contents, for inclusion in this chapter of the book.

I am NOT looking for any EXIF, .DAT, or .CSV files that may contain proprietary, sensitive or restricted information.

If you have been out with your aircraft and have taken some images...cows in a field, a building, a sunset, your neighborhood, a shakedown/test flight, etc., and would be willing to share the EXIF and .DAT or .CSV file, I would be extremely grateful.

If I can use your material and it is included in the chapter, I can offer two options for citation of your contributed material.

Option one, if you do not wish your name used, I can simply state that the image was contributed by a Forum member. Option 2, if you would like your name mentioned, please provide it to me and I will include your name in the image citation.

If you are a business owner and wish the company’s name and contact information included in the citation, please provide that as well.

Thank you everyone in advance, for any assistance you may be able to provide toward my research efforts.

Cheers,

Al

Got a few CSV files, I have ones from a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Mini, also a Litchi app CSV file which has a different layout to the standard DJI files, email me at flymyphantom at outlook dot com and ill post them over

Thank you very much for your reply to my request.

I will send you an email shortly.

I appreciate your assistance with my research.

Have a good week ahead.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4