Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

My goodness what a nightmare trying to find that little file on my mac. Finally sent it via dropbox to my PC and added it in 5 seconds. I see all 32, but haven't tested it yet. Just happy it worked as advertised so far!

Can I simply choose a high end channel in manual mode?

Reactions: Jeff48920
Put it on 32 for best results overall.

or reason I want the ability to fly with in a 1 mile radius in my area should I choose to.

Not sure I get this? Do the auto-selected channels restrict you in some way? Having a flickering display yesterday within the area of a football field was troubling, to say the least, and I've love to be able to know that I can just bop on over to a better channel at will in necessary.

OK thanks. Will try it later. It's too freaking hot to go stand in the sun right now. :)

Yeah C-32 seems to be the best overall. Set it in custom on that channel and go enjoy.

Frustrating. I just tried to the 32 channel hack but iTunes said I don't have the permissions to do this change. Does my ipad needs to be unlocked for this ? A message popped saying "are you sure you want to replace the file name?".. Any help ? Thanks!

Frustrating. I just tried to the 32 channel hack but iTunes said I don't have the permissions to do this change. Does my ipad needs to be unlocked for this ? A message popped saying "are you sure you want to replace the file name?".. Any help ? Thanks!

I have no real experience with iS0. I do remember others saying you needed to set the settings so you can view hidden files otherwise you wont know the file is where it needs to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

You have to unlock your screen on the iOS devices to copy / add the file or you will get that message.

I am also having this problem with my iPad mini 2. It seems that it is really heating up and the iPad is throttling back to compensate. The 2.7k taken from the phantom memory card is perfect.

My galaxy note 4 is fine since pro 3 firmware upgrade, but iPad mini 2 records fine but during playback it stutters every second. I've just added the 32 ch hack but I'm in UK so can't use custom mode. The 'cheat' way of changing region to say 'thailand' in the iPad, appears to have been closed now so I'm stuck using auto channels only. I believe this video stutter is an iOS issue. Playing back the picture/video through Dji app files isn't a problem on the iPad though.

My galaxy note 4 is fine since pro 3 firmware upgrade, but iPad mini 2 records fine but during playback it stutters every second. I've just added the 32 ch hack but I'm in UK so can't use custom mode. The 'cheat' way of changing region to say 'thailand' in the iPad, appears to have been closed now so I'm stuck using auto channels only. I believe this video stutter is an iOS issue. Playing back the picture/video through Dji app files isn't a problem on the iPad though.

Why can't you use something other then the UK or Thailand? Does it default out of it, or?

Yes, your ipad has to be unlocked (in terms of fingerprint or code #), and yes, you have to replace the file. Mine worked fine at the install level, but it's 98 degrees out so I won't test it in flight until later, just for full disclosure.

You have to unlock your screen on the iOS devices to copy / add the file or you will get that message.

My mistake... You were absolutely correct! I didn't noticed that my screen was locked when trying to replace the file. Its working now and shows all 32 channels.

Now, should I keep it auto or custom to a specific channel ? Thanks again!

Have to say I have put up with the poor video link issues since the recent firmwares including the SDK beta. Just applied the 'hack' this evening, switched to US region on the iPad and manually selected channel 32 and what a difference, no break up of signal at all and best video downlink I have seen in a long time on Phantom 3.

If you're wondering whether to try it, don't delay, get that file downloaded.

Have to say I have put up with the poor video link issues since the recent firmwares including the SDK beta. Just applied the 'hack' this evening, switched to US region on the iPad and manually selected channel 32 and what a difference, no break up of signal at all and best video downlink I have seen in a long time on Phantom 3.

If you're wondering whether to try it, don't delay, get that file downloaded.

Oh man and I won't be able to try it out until tomorrow ... thanks for the good news, though.

So the new firmware is causing downlink issues for iOS?
Yes. No one has found a fix yet. Everyone seemed to have tried this and that but no real solution. Maybe dji will come out with a fix.

You may try to record in 1080p instead of 2.7k and try that. That seemed to be the best fix yet

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl