Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

Reaction score
At least 50% of the post upgrade flight time with no video (No Signal in Red on app)

iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6 with 2.6 GB available

1. Upgraded the Go app only after deleting previous version
2. No other apps active
3. Airplane mode on
4. Channel 19 or 20 tried in auto and in custom mode No indication (other than lack of video) of limited video signal strength. (Full bars).
5. Tried 2 new cables (apple compliant)
6. Tried new micro sd card
7. Doesn't matter if close or far the video is intermittent. More off than on.
8. All other telemetry is stable and accurate in app (radar, Dist, height etc).

Had no issues prior to upgrading from pilot app to first Go version. Got that sorted with a new cable now this. Any ideas?

Reactions: westlightaerial
Not yet, but That's a last resort for me at this time.
Biggest problem is that the channels I am flying on show totally stable in the app but are not delivering the video.

Not yet, but That's a last resort for me at this time.
Biggest problem is that the channels I am flying on show totally stable in the app but are not delivering the video.

I have android and had the same issue. I contacted dji about it. But I did cure my way which was in deed the 32 channel mod. It returned to crystal clear on all channels.

Not sure if there linked or not sorry to hijack?

I only have problems jerking. It will be smooth then the video with jerk every sec.

Same as you. Airplane mode and everything off.
Thats using my ipad air.
I thought it was to slow to use so i tried my iphone 6 and it does the exact same thing.

I have full signal but not sure if these two are related or not.

Anyone else have the problems with the ios devices?

Btw i did a clean install on the ipad and installed the 32 channel mod. But both the iphone and ipad was in auto mode

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I should add that I have hardware decode off.

@brad2388 so are you still having issues even with the 32 channel hack

@flyingfrank. Any response from DJI?

Reactions: Jeff
I should add that I have hardware decode off.

@brad2388 so are you still having issues even with the 32 channel hack

@flyingfrank. Any response from DJI?

I'm on the beta team and I created something everyone in the program will see, whenever that is. Seems more and more people are popping up with this problem.

If you have the ability to add the 32 mod, I would recommend it even if you were not having trouble.

I'm on the beta team and I created something everyone in the program will see, whenever that is. Seems more and more people are popping up with this problem.

If you have the ability to add the 32 mod, I would recommend it even if you were not having trouble.

Thanks Frank. I will install it in the morning and test. I've read about it for a month or so but its time to try it.

BTW I have the "A" version of the TX.

Why are you still on iOS 8.3? 8.4 has been out for awhile. Not sure it will help your problem, just throwing it out there.

At least 50% of the post upgrade flight time with no video (No Signal in Red on app)

iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6 with 2.6 GB available

1. Upgraded the Go app only after deleting previous version
Why would you delete the previous version? As near as I can tell, the recommendations to delete the previous version are all coming from Android users. It makes sense for them because it's possible to have multiple versions of the same app on Android since you're effectively "side-loading" the app from Dji's site.

iOS doesn't work that way. An update from the App Store replaces the old app on your phone so there isn't the same possibility of a conflict. And there's a good reason to not delete the prior version:

In iOS, you lose all the app data stored on your phone/tablet when you do that. For example:

- Your flight records (logs) unless you synced them to the cloud.
- Any custom settings you had in the app, like RTH height, hardware decode etc.
- All the real-time video that got stored on your device when you were recording (if you had selected that option).

I don't think you lose that data when you delete the prior version in Android. I don't use my Nexus 7 for my P3, so I'm not sure about that.

I am jeff. Even with the 32 channel mod. But i have it set on auto.

I also have the A rc controller.

Why are you still on iOS 8.3? 8.4 has been out for awhile. Not sure it will help your problem, just throwing it out there.
I was waiting for the new App just to make sure it was compatible. I am also planning on updating that tonight.

Why would you delete the previous version? As near as I can tell, the recommendations to delete the previous version are all coming from Android users. It makes sense for them because it's possible to have multiple versions of the same app on Android since you're effectively "side-loading" the app from Dji's site.

iOS doesn't work that way. An update from the App Store replaces the old app on your phone so there isn't the same possibility of a conflict. And there's a good reason to not delete the prior version:

In iOS, you lose all the app data stored on your phone/tablet when you do that. For example:

- Your flight records (logs) unless you synced them to the cloud.
- Any custom settings you had in the app, like RTH height, hardware decode etc.
- All the real-time video that got stored on your device when you were recording (if you had selected that option).

I don't think you lose that data when you delete the prior version in Android. I don't use my Nexus 7 for my P3, so I'm not sure about that.

I delete the old app as a precaution. Clean installs have always been my motto. Everything is backed up. Flight records are back on the app. . Custom settings are written down and have be reset.
Realtime video has also been backed up.

I delete the old app as a precaution. Clean installs have always been my motto. Everything is backed up. Flight records are back on the app. . Custom settings are written down and have be reset.
Realtime video has also been backed up.
Well Jeff, you're obviously better at this than most. That's a good answer to the question I asked in my first sentence. What I wrote probably applies to 9 out of 10 iOS users who don't understand any of the differences between Android and iOS. I'm sorry it came across as directed at you personally.

But it's possible (though very unlikely) that deleting the previous version is related to the problem you are seeing. I'd be real surprised if being on 8.3 has anything to do with it. I think I'll wait a day or 2 before updating my iPhone 6 and iPad. Hopefully you'll have found the cause of the issue.

Well Jeff, you're obviously better at this than most. That's a good answer to the question I asked in my first sentence. What I wrote probably applies to 9 out of 10 iOS users who don't understand any of the differences between Android and iOS. I'm sorry it came across as directed at you personally.

But it's possible (though very unlikely) that deleting the previous version is related to the problem you are seeing. I'd be real surprised if being on 8.3 has anything to do with it. I think I'll wait a day or 2 before updating my iPhone 6 and iPad. Hopefully you'll have found the cause of the issue.
No offense taken. Not my first rodeo. Thanks

I had a total app shut down right in the middle of a POI mission. Closed and relaunched the app three times... meanwhile the P3 is just doing circles in the sky. All I could do was raise/lower or increase/decrease the diameter of the circle. Had to initiate a RTH to get it to stop and come back. Only after I disconnected the phone and reconnected was I able to get connectivity back with the P3.

P3A
iPhone 6+ iOS 8.4
new firmware and go app

First time for me to see someone that knows what they're talking about, state that the 32 mod should be installed no matter if problems are occurring or not. Therefore, I had not watched very closely where and how to find this 32 mod and how to download it. Help please? Thx.

Reactions: Albert R.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl