Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Yeah.

For some details, looks like m0900 is the Main Controller Unit on the OFDM board:

So my educated guess would be that the MCU sends configuration to transceiver.
The transciever - AD9363 - is listed here:

If we follow the link and get its datasheet, there is some info on the attenuation:
1660131140360.png

And also on how it is set:
1660131343302.png

So the Python tool must be modifying SPI commands which configure AD9363, by allowing to set the attenuation.

We could even go deeper, checking which registers are responsible for that, and how to set them - that is not directly in the datasheet, but it points to such info:

1660131735699.png

man , its so complicated!!! i thought itsa parameter like height max, i edit it in note pad then recompile it to a fw then update the p3 (digdat0 method and some of his friends tools on github)!! ill not touch it for nowits beyond my knowledge!!

i thought itsa parameter like height max, i edit it in note pad then recompile it to a fw then update the p3
What I described above is not how to use it, but how it works inside.
And actually, I skipped the complicated bits.

• Haha
Reactions: BigL
What I described above is not how to use it, but how it works inside.
And actually, I skipped the complicated bits.
i understand whatu said, actually ur a treasure in this high end technical language, but i need a simple method if any exists to get rid of the attenuation, more power means more robust connection, i dont care for fcc and others no one will check ur power, i will not fly inside an er room or hospital to hurt equipment with my higher few aditional db power i would get,
i need the method of changing this parameter as par digdat0 if that isever possible!!

if the attenuation factor is a parameter so it is possible to do its mod using same method ?

Thoughts on roll back. I was thinking back to 1.6 which offers the 32 channel hack. With the controller at 2.4.3. Is that not the best option? I see where some went to 1.5 for the increased TX output... but then I see dont use 1.5 due to known bug. Can someone clarify what would be the ideal FW for the aircraft and SW version for the app? Thank you.

hi every one, hope ur all fine. a new challenge if u like to contribute

Hello everyone, I am not very computer savvy and was wondering if anyone has made a step by step video of the downgrade process. Obviously seeing someone walk you through it is much easier than reading the steps. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav