Down Grading Firmware - The Answer

Sounds silly...
Has anyone tried placing an older firmware and renaming it to the latest to trick the p3?
But i'm sure DJI is smarter this and uses checksums before unloadinge bin file.

I'm still on .19 and a not willing to try...

Yes, checksum is minimum required to check fw integrity. Without an help from Dji engineers, this is a very complex and time consuming reverse engineering task to do, and very dangerous too.

My guess is the best shot would be using a hex editor and change the firmware version higher but you'd not want it to be higher than the next official build number cause that would prevent being able to load the official......really not a good solution but could work.....(did it back on a htc evo), trying to just rename the file definitely won't work.

I've spent some spare time to check into the .BIN file and I've found lot of info into it. I know where to change (some) version numbers, but it doesn't work in any case (P3A) due to "corrupt firmware error".

The most scaring thing I figure out, is that guys at DJI has done lot of revisions of the hardware boards. This explains why some people has problems, other has not.

So not all P3's are the same then, this explains a lot, it was the same with the V2 plus and a gamble as to what you got inside for a very long time, near end of production a retailer told me. Least its just somethiing to do with hardware boards this time and not esc's or something.

The most scaring thing I figure out, is that guys at DJI has done lot of revisions of the hardware boards. This explains why some people has problems, other has not.

This alone gives a major boost to the never update camp!

The problem is they'll keep bringing in tempting new stuff.
With the Vision Plus a lot of people held off updating until Ground station was added about July

If true it all so indicates that them bringing out a firmware that suits all crafts is going to prove tricky if not impossible.

If true it all so indicates that them bringing out a firmware that suits all crafts is going to prove tricky if not impossible.

Hardware revisions must be done with careful attention. The biggest problems derive from components that changes parameters or characteristics, microcontrollers that has errata to take in consideration when developing... And so on.
I think that if Dji tell you to return back the rig, it is better to do it.

Man this thread is a plane crash waiting to happen, do you even understand how the P3 firmware works ?, there is no button or "shorting) of wires to reset the firmware because you can not reset the firmware as its not one whole pice of software, the P3 is made up of roughly 10 sets of parent modules with some having sub modules, when you update the firmware it updates each module then its sub module one at a time, it version checks what it has vs whats on the SD card then updates then moved onto the next, each component has its own firmware, you would need to roll back each components firmware one at a time.

not possible with out modifying the FW bundle its self to make the P3 believe the FW was a newer not an older one, and then you would need to know what modules need what to work with it.

You criticize others that are positively trying to put together a working function. Whether or not it is a working solution, an on-going discussion in some cases works itself out plus more.

Really what you added is no different. You posted how you thought it should work but it is something I'm guessing you have not tried? Anyway this is generally what keeps others from joining in now or in other subjects.

So I don't know that the wire jump works or not because I have not done it. Hopefully I will get the rest of the details at some point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20