don't get over confident

You can use these for rotor blades too...

5. Hand Catching Your Quad

There are lots of videos of people doing this, but it is a very dangerous activity. You're putting your flesh and your face in close proximity to spinning props. Those props are very sharp and have enough power to sever a finger or worse. Please find a better way to land that doesn't put you at risk. If you look at the risk vs reward ratio it's a no brainer. The risk is insanely high for zero reward in doing it. Stay safe out there folks.

RedHotPoker

Hand catch is safe if you do it properly. Above your head, remain upwind if there is any and let hover and stabilize. End of story--or should I say flight :)

I always hand catch mine regardless. The risk is pretty low with the Phantom given how stable it is. Less chance of scratching the lens if you are landing in grass or what not. Worse case yes, the plastic props will scratch you up a bit. Carbon fiber props on the other hand, I wouldn't be hand catching a Phantom with those on.

My thoughts are, they call them "landing gear" for a reason.

That RedHotPoker guy! He Instigated it! Ban him from the forums! Drag him out and rip him to shreds with props.
View attachment 22891

Hahaha, I hope that you are seriously, kidding!! ;-)
Well, besides You will never catch me, hand catching my models.
But guys, would you try hand catching a model helicopter? Why not... ;-)
Try a TRex 700E. The rotors are spinning at like 36 revs a second.
That would carve flesh and blood off the bone, then break those too.

But seriously, unless you are on the moon, please find a safe place to ascend and descend...
Do I know you? Then why should I care? Is because we are a large extended family. And I would not want to read about any of you, in a serious mishap, that may have been smartly avoided.

RedHotPoker

Hahaha, I hope that you are seriously, kidding!! ;-)
Well, besides You will never catch me, hand catching my models.
But guys, would you try hand catching a model helicopter? Why not... ;-)
Try a TRex 700E. The rotors are spinning at like 36 revs a second.
That would carve flesh and blood off the bone, then break those too.

But seriously, unless you are on the moon, please find a safe place to ascend and descend...
Do I know you? Then why should I care? Is because we are a large extended family. And I would not want to read about any of you, in a serious mishap, that may have been smartly avoided.

RedHotPoker

We will never convince anyone.... RHP
Ban the Unbelievers!!! BAN THEM! :)

I like your hat...
Thanks for the compliments...

Please play Catch with my TRex 700E. Not.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31