Doing a Timelapse over two weeks

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to do film a timelapse how several tents are being set up which lasts around 2 weeks. The plan is to let the drone start on the same point and fly up to the same height and try to point it into the same direction by having some reference points.

I would set the drone in GPS mode and make interval pictures as long as the battery lasts. For sure I won't have the same distance to the object, height and direction every time. But I thought I could match the pictures by making a transparent overlay from the second flight over the first flight and then scale / move them.

Do you think this is possible or would it look ( Mod Removed Language )? I've never seen a video of somebody doing that.

Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment otherwise I would try it.

Thank you guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'd like to do film a timelapse how several tents are being set up which lasts around 2 weeks. The plan is to let the drone start on the same point and fly up to the same height and try to point it into the same direction by having some reference points.

I would set the drone in GPS mode and make interval pictures as long as the battery lasts. For sure I won't have the same distance to the object, height and direction every time. But I thought I could match the pictures by making a transparent overlay from the second flight over the first flight and then scale / move them.

Do you think this is possible or would it look ( Mod Removed Language)? I've never seen a video of somebody doing that.

Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment otherwise I would try it.

Thank you guys!!
You should get Litchi and create a waypoint mission. Then you should fly every day and do the exact same mission and take your pictures. Then if you have Adobe premiere pro or any other video editing software with a video stabilizer, put your images together to make a video, it will be very herky jerky now. Then stabilize your footage and see if you have the option to stabilize with the "no motion" setting. That will be a much easier way. Just know you will need to take a lot of pictures to make a video. You will need about 30 pictures for every second of your time lapse. Unless you are like me and film and work with 24 frames per second video only.

Reactions: Maha Yogi

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik