Dog goes crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this problem.
My dog has in the past come out with me when flying my P4P but I leave him at home now.
He goes crazy when it starts up and flies, chasing it back and forward until it gets high enough and he presumably can’t see/hear it anymore. He’s even had a go at it in the ground and almost lost his nose on the blades.
I’m very wary of flying near people, for the safety and silly questions I get asked. I am worried about dogs coming out of nowhere and getting riled up like my dog.
Does anyone else have the same problem? I thought it may have been because the drone was producing some noise that only dogs hear??
I have the quieter blades as standard.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Some dogs are bolder and have a higher prey drive. One of mine goes after any type of prey including birds. I'm guessing my dog sees the drone as prey and imagine yours does too. I leave mine in the house when I fly out of my yard and I leave her at home when I go out into the field. I always check the area for people or animals before I place the drone on the ground and then get it up in the air ASAP. When landing I do likewise.

Don't for get the vision position sensor uses Ultra Sonic "sound" beams down ward and that alone will make ANY Dog go ~~~~ crazy ! and it can be shut off in right side settings ! Please IF i'm wrong here in any way... correct me any one ....Thank You.

My P3 SE has them.

I keep my vision positioning turned off on my P3P for various reasons but this one has never occured to me. Last sunday I was flying in what i thought was an area where i was totally alone and when I returned to land a woman had come out of a path in the woods where she was walking her 2 dogs and was just standing a few feet away watching. Her dogs didnt seem bothered at all (likely due to the VPS being off). I asked her if it was safe to land near her and her dogs and she said yes go ahead I've got a hold of them. I quickly landed (and I've got to say it was a sweet perfect touchdown on my pad, first time Ive ever landed so perfectly, and with an audience no less lol). The dogs seemed quite disinterested.

Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this problem.
My dog has in the past come out with me when flying my P4P but I leave him at home now.
He goes crazy when it starts up and flies, chasing it back and forward until it gets high enough and he presumably can’t see/hear it anymore. He’s even had a go at it in the ground and almost lost his nose on the blades.
I’m very wary of flying near people, for the safety and silly questions I get asked. I am worried about dogs coming out of nowhere and getting riled up like my dog.
Does anyone else have the same problem? I thought it may have been because the drone was producing some noise that only dogs hear??
I have the quieter blades as standard.
Vps is a mechanical sonar that emits a clicking noise,not normally heard by human but we can sometimes hear depending on position of drone (powered on but not in flight),,these sonar clicks are highly audible to animals,,one of my drones and it not a phantom evertime it starts up my dogs are gone,,not sure if they trust me or not but this drone has no sonar nothing so could also be prop noise getting some excited

Wonder if this clicking is what keep these buzzards across the lake following me back home

Wonder if this clicking is what keep these buzzards across the lake following me back home
Ive read in other threads that the buzzing from the VPS seems to attract birds. Tbh I originally decided to keep mine turned off cuz imo it's basically useless, the AC still wanders around enough that I have to compensate, might as well be in ATTI mode, and I find pinpoint landings easier as I'm not fighting the VPS trying to correct. But mainly as a small step to conserve battery. Same reason I always keep the front arm red leds off, unless I'm having trouble seeing my AC they stay off to also use less power. But obvs the best reason to keep VPS off, as I'm learning, is to keep it off to be less intrusive to other animals.

You guys need dogs like mine, that are lazy and stupid. They glance at it, treat it with a kind of benign neglect, and wander off to eat each other's doo-doo. I have VPS on ... they don't care. Ignorance is bliss ... and I have happy drone-safe dogs.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
It's a sight hound thing. My greyhound cross loves chasing my phantom, well enough trained to keep her away when on the ground.
She also loves to chase birds, squirrels, cats etc.

You guys need dogs like mine, that are lazy and stupid. They glance at it, treat it with a kind of benign neglect, and wander off to eat each other's doo-doo. I have VPS on ... they don't care. Ignorance is bliss ... and I have happy drone-safe dogs.

My old Arab is like that but the Shepherd thinks the drone is dinner.

A lot of it may be the prop noise. My dogs go nuts whenever I'd start the props spinning. I put the low noise props on the Mavic Pro and they no longer cared. Plus the Mavic 2 Pro has the low noise props and they ignore it too. The P4P is the worst, they go absolutely crazy.

Is your dog trained? If yes, you should stop her when she is playing with P4P and think it's a toy.
Why reply to a three year old thread about dog behavior?

Maybe your dog doesn't have enough active games, and it's hunting for the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.