Does your phone freeze when flying?

I have the s7 edge. With Verizon if that makes a difference. But same happens to me at times. Phone will freeze but don't worry. As stated above. Go back to p mode and bring the bird back safely. I will bring mine to me and maybe a foot off the ground. Hit land on the rc and now worries

From my understanding the Go app works better with the iOS than it does with a Android device, especially lately.
Take it from me and many other Litchi users, it's a much better app for Android. I get out farther, the FVP image is better and have never had a screen freeze or app crash, I can't say the same for Go.
Have to agree with your comments regarding using iOS for GO, I've read that the conspirator types amongst us reckon dji are leaning towards Apple platforms for future software/hardware development. I originally used the wife's Samsung something or other and always had issues. Someone was kind enough to steal it one day at the shopping centre and I wept with joy, bought an iPhone 6+ and have never had a problem since. Litchi though works just as well although myself and others are having issues with the pano mode. FPV, orbit and missions are fine and are similar in range to the GO app, apparently we need to wait for the next firmware update to fix the pano anomaly.

Alright, I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. My wallet is cleaned out for now since I just got the drone, but when I get $25, I think I'll give it a shot.
Just be sure to read and understand the manual. You'll love it. If you have any problems or questions, get back on here and we'll lend a hand.

Reactions: Loz
Look at his transmitter power. It's at zero. He's almost directly beneath the Phantom. EVERYONE knows not to do this because the signal has crappy line of site to the drone. Pilot error.

I'll re-watch the video. Go easy on me guys, I'm new to this :)

I'm just not wanting to crash my new $400 drone. As a 15 year old, $400 is a lot to me!

I'm just not wanting to crash my new $400 drone. As a 15 year old, $400 is a lot to me!
Haha. My vitriole was not aimed at you. Sorry if it sounded like I was mad at you. I just hate when people post videos like that when it's clear to those with experience that the video poster doesn't have a clue but he posts like he's an authority. Then someone like you, a newbie, gets wrong information.

No problem, just keep in mind if you do get Litchi that screen laid out a bit different and the option menus are very different. Just read every page on the online manual, it is a easy read. Their manual flight mode is called FPV mode, and keep in mind also that you can NOT have both apps in memory at the same time. Force close one if needed in your phone settings.

Look at his transmitter power. It's at zero. He's almost directly beneath the Phantom. EVERYONE knows not to do this because the signal has crappy line of site to the drone. Pilot error. He had no contact with the Phantom so it wasn't receiving the "cancel landing" command. When he got communication back, he didn't bother to try and cancel the landing.

When he tried the waypoint mission and decided to abort it (not sure why), all he had to do was flip the switch to P mode, which he didn't do. It was an easy fix. He used CSC and crashed his drone. Pilot error. This is what happens when one doesn't bother to read the manual.

In other words, Litchi didn't crash his Phantom, HE did. This was 100% pilot error.

Totally makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain to me. I'm gonna be reading the manual and I'll get Litchi!

Totally makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain to me. I'm gonna be reading the manual and I'll get Litchi!
I just watched the video and as Pharm has stated, this guy was begging to destroy his drone. That sort of misinformation leads to all sorts of problems for newcomers and ultimately leads to the sorts of the irresponsible behaviour we are now staring to read about. There are some good tips on this thread regarding running only one app at a time when flying, reading manuals and most importantly, practice in a wide open space. You need to remember that Litchi mirrors some of the base settings from the go app, and you need to understand and be comfortable as to how they work. RTH being one of the most important.
Don't be shy in asking for help, we all had to start where you are right now and since you're young, we'll go easy on you....

Reactions: Loz
I re-watched the video and you guys are right, the guy is basically an idiot. No one told him to use the emergency shutdown, and if you ask me, it didn't look like his drone was in danger of anything. And he didn't even try to manually override it. Definitely a noob pilot - I'm glad my knowledge is growing!

I'm sold on Litchi, I just need to get some more money first, so I may use the DJI Go app for a few more weeks.

If you only have one battery, it should have updated with your FW as it was in the drone during this process. If not , power up the drone and RC, connect to the app and wait at the first screen (don't go into camera view) and wait for a message similar to 'inconsistent firmware', slide the message across and the app will update the battery. If you have more than one battery, repeat the above process with each of them.

I did what you said and it worked, all sorted out now. Thanks!

Reactions: tevek
I was about to buy Litchi, but I'm still a bit nervous about the situation. Does using Litchi void your warranty?

I could understand if you poorly use the auto feature and it crashes as a result, but what if a motor just dies and stops working mid flight? Will DJI cover it?

I was about to buy Litchi, but I'm still a bit nervous about the situation. Does using Litchi void your warranty?

I could understand if you poorly use the auto feature and it crashes as a result, but what if a motor just dies and stops working mid flight? Will DJI cover it?
From what i understand if you are not able to supply the drone for examination, dji will not cover your warranty. The information from the dji log file and that from the drone itself is much more detailed than that contained in the Litchi flight logs.

From what i understand if you are not able to supply the drone for examination, dji will not cover your warranty. The information from the dji log file and that from the drone itself is much more detailed than that contained in the Litchi flight logs.
That's right. I've asked dji.

Thanks. I guess I'll just go for it..
This is basically the bottom line on your warranty question. If a crash is caused either by the pilot or a third-party flight application then it is not covered under warranty because nothing DJI did caused the crash. Now if the crash was caused by their application or their drone meeting hardware, then it is covered.

This is basically the bottom line on your warranty question. If a crash is caused either by the pilot or a third-party flight application then it is not covered under warranty because nothing DJI did caused the crash. Now if the crash was caused by their application or their drone meeting hardware, then it is covered.

Thanks for clarifying. Honestly, I think I'll stay away from Litchi. I know you can theoretically manually override from the remote if it starts to get out of hand, but I am just very nervous about it and I don't want to waste $25.

That guy caused all the issues himself, Any newbie who watches his video trying to glean info would not want to use Litchi, when in fact, this video shows a flyer that hasn't read or studied anything about this great app.
If he had any knowledge at all, he would have simply flipped to P-mode & taken control of his bird.
Powers that be should delete this video!

Most concerning is the guy is a noob and with only 2 prior flights is using advanced features. This reeks of another reason drones crash, stupidity. Read the manual, practice, and when you understand how the controls work,then get into advanced modes. Just my 2 cents!

Reactions: drumrocker365

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga