Does WIFI need to be turned on

Reaction score
Once I have registered my P4P why do I need a wifi connection? It is connected to my home wifi so it does not need to be connected once I register my P4P. Is that correct or does it control something I am missing?

Thanks
Joe

You can disable Wi-Fi if you're not doing anything with your P4P that requires connecting to the Internet.

Nothing I know of. Will it help avoid forced updates? I have heard both that some you can ignore and some are forced. My P4 fly's now and I wont be updating a phone or tablet so it should continue to fly as is if I don't update. I will be away from "my" wifi for an extended time and don't want any problems while I am gone.

Will it help avoid forced updates?
DJI has not pushed out any forced updates for the P4P. In the rare case they force an update, you should strongly consider installing it. In the past, they've pushed a forced update to fix problems that were causing drones to drop out of the sky mid-flight.

msinger; Thanks Like I said I have heard both and just trying to avoid any issues. Most of the latest ones I've heard were dues to updates to the DJI fly 4 app and or IPhone updates.
Thanks again
Joe

Like I said I have heard both and just trying to avoid any issues
I've never heard of forced updates. And, I read a lot of Phantom related stuff on the Internet ;)

msinger; Thanks Like I said I have heard both and just trying to avoid any issues. Most of the latest ones I've heard were dues to updates to the DJI fly 4 app and or IPhone updates.
Although you might hear talk of "forced updates", the real issue is probably people that leave their default tablet settings including one to auto-update apps.
I'm not sure whether you can turn off auto-updates for the P4 pro+

I'm not sure whether you can turn off auto-updates for the P4 pro+
DJI GO updates on the P4P+ are installed along with the remote controller firmware. Since the remote controller firmware is not automatically installed, there's no chance DJI GO will be automatically updated.

It would seem that if wifi is left OFF, there's no way for the P4P+ controller to know an update is pending. Turning ON wifi should only be done when you desire to risk a potential update, and IMO that should be "rarely", unless you hear of good reason to consider updating from this forum, a reason other than "just because". Believe me, if there is anything serious wrong with firmware, you'll hear it first here in this forum. However, without wifi connect to the internet via hotspot, you can't have your maps download whenever you arrive a new flight location. I would hope that P4P+ has the same rules as P4P, where you can ignore all update notices and stay put, using what you like and have confidence in.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94