does the p3se get high wind warnings on app like mavic?

Reaction score
I was wondering if the phanom 3 se gets high wind warnings after watching mavic and p4 videos and people getting high wind warning on the dji go app when flying in to high winds?

Mine never did it. I’ve read the manual a few times and never saw anything about it .

Thanks man. I wish it did cuz I would like to know when the drone tells me so I know that it is too much wind. Then again I see people keep flying even though they get that warning. But I would listen to it and land. But I try not to fly it in anything more then 15mph winds. What was the most wind you flew you phantom in?

Thanks man. I wish it did cuz I would like to know when the drone tells me so I know that it is too much wind. Then again I see people keep flying even though they get that warning. But I would listen to it and land. But I try not to fly it in anything more then 15mph winds. What was the most wind you flew you phantom in?

Like Nightwolf said, UAV Forecast takes most of the guesswork out of the process. I can't imagine flying without first checking it. If you haven't used it, start now before you lose a drone, especially if like to push the ceiling limit. You'll be surprised at what the wind is like 400 feet up.

P3 does not generate any warning for high winds. You got to see if you can control your AC with full confidence. Any time you feel it’s difficult to control, lower it’s altitude immediately and try to get close to your home point. Don’t panic and press RTH, you might lose your aircraft.

Reactions: Sholladay
I am a newbie and was given a Phantom SE3 at Christmas.

Last week I flew straight out, 1,500 feet from shore, over open water where we live at Stingray Point, Deltaville, VA on the Chesapeake Bay.

Later I uploaded my flight data to the airdata website and did an analysis of the wind at different elevations.

For the run out, my elevation was 50 feet. For the return home it was 250 feet.

While the wind was calm on shore, a few hundred feet offshore it was not quite at 5 mph. For the return flight back, the wind was almost 11 mph.

As a sailor, it has always been my understanding that, as wind speed doubles, i.e., 5 to 10, the force on the sail increases four times.

It quadruples.

Change facts, assume 5 mph v. 20 mph at the higher RTH elevation.

From 5 to 10, it doubles, from 10 to 20, it doubles again, presumably, an eight time increase in opposing pressure on the AC.

Bottom line, calm winds at ground level do not equal the wind force on your AC body for the RTH if your elevation is up there.

Lesson learned - I now edit my RTH elevation for every flight, to the lowest safest level possible. For so many of the "My drone flew away" posts that I have read, I suspect that the RTH winds exceeded the airspeed ability of the drone to be able to return.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik