Does Live Maps replace a Flytrex?

Reaction score
I can't find much on DJI's P3 features website that explains how Live Maps works?

Can it replace the device by showing the last known location of the quad? I'm just debating whether to sell my 2G Flytrex along with my quad, or keep it for use with the P3.

It looks like flight stats are now captured which replaces another Flytrex feature, but can those stats be exported for use in Dashware?

Thanks.

I don't know much more than you about live maps, but I can tell you that if something goes wrong electronically in the bird, there's a good possibility that live maps will be worthless. I can also tell you that if your bird flies away past the point of radio reception then obviously the last know position is going to be where the bird went off the grid. The Flytrex Live will continue to transmit location data until the battery dies and there is cell coverage. Regarding flight logging, and again I don't have all the info on what it actually logs, it never hurts to have a backup system, especially when it's real-time. In other words, I would keep the Flytrex. I am buying another for my P3 once they confirm whether the existing CANBUS adapter will work.

I don't know much more than you about live maps, but I can tell you that if something goes wrong electronically in the bird, there's a good possibility that live maps will be worthless. I can also tell you that if your bird flies away past the point of radio reception then obviously the last know position is going to be where the bird went off the grid. The Flytrex Live will continue to transmit location data until the battery dies and there is cell coverage. Regarding flight logging, and again I don't have all the info on what it actually logs, it never hurts to have a backup system, especially when it's real-time. In other words, I would keep the Flytrex. I am buying another for my P3 once they confirm whether the existing CANBUS adapter will work.
Sound advice! Yes the key difference is tracking beyond transmitter range which I didn't think about... :)

I'll be keeping mine then, or perhaps buy the 3G version as an upgrade.

No. Flytrex uses cellular data which can operate when out of transmitter range or other phantom issues. Benefit only applies if you have cell data coverage though.

Reactions: MrTommy
Just like other folks are saying --- Flytrex Live 3G is a nice rendundant tracking system in case Live Maps or other DJI tracking stops working because you went out of range.

Has anyone given thought as to where you would mount the Flytrex 3G in that the bottom of the battery housing has the sonar unit?

I think we will have to wait and see and test... Perhaps Amit (Flytrex) can provide insight into a new form factor for future models.

I think we will have to wait and see and test... Perhaps Amit (Flytrex) can provide insight into a new form factor for future models.
Been trying to cancel my flytrex order for my vision since I returned it but I get zero response from them. Not impressed with their service at all.

Been trying to cancel my flytrex order for my vision since I returned it but I get zero response from them. Not impressed with their service at all.
I'm still waiting on Mine since I ordered end of Feb. They said it got delayed due to snow in NYC, now hung up in customs...They finally decided to send me a new one. I just hope its not "Obsolete" by the time I get it

I'm still waiting on Mine since I ordered end of Feb. They said it got delayed due to snow in NYC, now hung up in customs...They finally decided to send me a new one. I just hope its not "Obsolete" by the time I get it
I ordered mid March and all I've received was my paypal confirmation. I messaged Amit on here asking for status updates, no response. I've submitted emails through their website and received the automated response and I've sent status requests on that and I get nothing from them.

Pretty sure they're going to recommend side mounting the unit. Changing the form factor will take months or more given their past history, so I doubt that's in the cards. Big question is how long it'll take them to figure out the CANBUS adapter for the new FC.

I ordered mid March and all I've received was my paypal confirmation. I messaged Amit on here asking for status updates, no response. I've submitted emails through their website and received the automated response and I've sent status requests on that and I get nothing from them.
Send an email to Flytrex support ([email protected]) with your order number. I've always received a response from Rebecca within 2days....even if it's not the reply I wanted to hear...

This might not interfere:
625x465_2702608_6880737_1427624935.jpg

http://www.shapeways.com/product/7K...-phantom-v2?li=shop-results&optionId=43508168

Send an email to Flytrex support ([email protected]) with your order number. I've always received a response from Rebecca within 2days....even if it's not the reply I wanted to hear...

The few times I've contacted customer service at Flytrex, I heard back fairly quickly - until I started asking if they were going to upgrade the software in the Core 1 unit so the files would be date stamped. Never heard another word.:(

Ordered the Can - Bus separate from the Live 3g, when it arrived and I connected it according to their instructions the Live 3g no longer worked, contacted support, they had me send pictures of my installation. I did and have not heard a word since, On Flytrex Facebook page it says the received a bad batch of Can - Bus. Oh well it is always something. Glad I didn't cut off the power leads so that I can still fly with the Live 3g hardwired which is fantastic by the way. I wouldn't fly without it.
I know this thread is more related to the P2V+, but until we actually receive our P3's I think it is good to address issues that may or may not affect us in the future.
Now that the weather is nice "Happy flying everybody"

Their service is horrible. I am "fighting" with them for weeks now. The told me that they did send me a new flytrap 3G. Tracking number says that is is delivered in Germany..... I live in the netherlands. Bit strange is it? I think some people are fooling me for weeks now.

No reaction from them. But thats "normal".

I've had nothing but fast replies and excellent customer service from them. I'm just wondering if using the Flytrex on the P3 is really all that feasible because of mounting locations and warranty issues opening up the shell. I love the live maps but still would like some other tracker installed if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.