Does anyone use powerdirector/photodirector? I need the Lens Correction Profile for the p4p

Reaction score
I already asked in their forum and requested for a lens profile for the p4p, but I do not think that request is enough to actually get their attention. How do I process these images/videos when they all pretty much need lens correction?

Hey all - I just made a new lens correction / preset for Cyberlink PhotoDirector 8 - it has other presets in it as well such as vignette removal, lighting and colour enhancement, noise reduction...

NOTE - You need to load this as a general Photo Preset, not as a lens correction import.

The idea is to create a new project, import your files, download the preset I have set up and then apply. Tweak as necessary afterwards.

I was using the DJI Osmo lens correction before, but then set up a grid alignment image on my HD TV, photographed it using my P4P, then aligned the settings in PhotoDirector using the photo image taken

I hope this helps some of you - would love feedback. I'm not pro.

PM me for it - it won't upload here and can't upload to Cyberlink either at the moment for some reason.

Last edited:
Not a problem - in fact if anyone can improve on it they are more than welcome
I commented on that forum. I've downloaded the file, but how do I get it work. I attempted to import it, but it only recognizes pdlcp files.

Try this

Open PhotoDirector
load an existing project or create a new one and import any image
click on the presets tab
click on the settings tab on the RHS of the DOWNLOADED PRESETS tab
click on IMPORT
Find and click on the imported preset file

Reactions: tml4191
Try this

Open PhotoDirector
load an existing project or create a new one and import any image
click on the presets tab
click on the settings tab on the RHS of the DOWNLOADED PRESETS tab
click on IMPORT
Find and click on the imported preset file
Thank you! It worked. I might have to change it from picture to picture, but it works! Thank you again.

hey I just noticed I uploaded the wrong one - doh!!

try downloading the one I just replaced at cyberlink using the link in my second post above again
No wonder why the first one was so bright. Well at least both got rid of the the vignetting. Thank you again for the upload. The second one is definitely a keeper.

yeah sorry - I find by loading the setting, then hitting the magic wand in the Tone section the auto settings it gives to any picture is a good starting point.

Lens Corrections is a tool within PhotoDirector that allows fixing lens problems such as distortion, chromatic aberration, vignetting and perspective correction “non-destructively” - essentially every camera does not take the same image due characteristics such as the lens fixtures etc... and this is just a way to try to correct for these flaws... Go-Pros are a good example where the images all 'bulge' in the centre... easily seen when the horizon is not flat but rather curves badly - see example below

The preset I have made is an attempt to adjust the offsets inherent in the P4P rather than having to do it manually all the time. Note that it won't work for all images but is a good start and may still need some tweaking.

b6cec4cc8a0c10e29de2e5fed9e16804--go-pro-photos-ideas-gopro-pictures-ideas.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20