Does anyone have their new Vision+ yet?

I just got mine in! The box is much easier to open than the P2V and everything is boxed separately inside. They also included AA batteries for the remote this time.

BUT they left out the reversible screwdriver! I liked that! Now there's an open spot in my case where it used to go. Also, the extra screws are in non resealable bags whereas last time they were all in little separate resealable bags. Lastly, the micro USB cord doesn't have the DJI logo on it. Looks less legit.

There's also no designated lens cap for the camera. It does come with a very tight plastic cover that could easily be used as a lens cap if it was easy to slide on and off. It's much too hard to get on and off without feeling like I'm going to break the gimbal. Looks more like it was just made for packaging along with a plastic piece it came with that held the gimbal upright while it was in the box.

Other than that, I'm stoked! About to go fly now!

BSWCBMD said:
RE Rubber Dampers: This morning while unboxing my new Vision+ I noticed that two of the four rubber dampers (diagonally opposite) are unsecured with the clear plastic post.

It is normal to only have posts (anti-drops) on two opposing corners. Remember the whole purpose of the rubbers is to dampen vibration. If you secure all four posts, you increase vibration transmitted from the aircraft to the gimbal.

Venom93corba said:
Allen I will be patiently waiting on your review :)

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

Well, I charged the receiver, put a battery in it and took off. Wow, doesn't have the same startup sounds of P2V. And it seems to run smoother - maybe because its new. I was flying for about 10 minutes, before I realized that I had not turned on the camera... duh... excitement. I am real pleased with the response and smoothness. Here is a uncut video . I flew it hard and there is a nice breeze.

http://vimeo.com/user25510811/phantomvisionplus

This is one nice bird!!

Sweet! Thanks for posting. Did you switch the gimbal to FPV mode at one point during your flight? I noticed the camera was banking with your turns for a little bit in the middle.

AllanVB said:
Venom93corba said:

Well, I charged the receiver, put a battery in it and took off. Wow, doesn't have the same startup sounds of P2V. And it seems to run smoother - maybe because its new. I was flying for about 10 minutes, before I realized that I had not turned on the camera... duh... excitement. I am real pleased with the response and smoothness. Here is a uncut video . I flew it hard and there is a nice breeze.

This is one nice bird!!
Are you using naza mode ? And any idea if we can do the channel 7 lever mod.

Dirty Bird said:
Sweet! Thanks for posting. Did you switch the gimbal to FPV mode at one point during your flight? I noticed the camera was banking with your turns for a little bit in the middle.
Yes I did! Still need perfection, but this is really sweet.. Back out to fly. :)

Mori55 said:
AllanVB said:
Venom93corba said:

This is one nice bird!!
Are you using naza mode ? And any idea if we can do the channel 7 lever mod.
Not sure about lever mod....
Flew it right out of the box... :)
will keep the thread posted with more...

Dirty Bird said:
BSWCBMD said:
RE Rubber Dampers: This morning while unboxing my new Vision+ I noticed that two of the four rubber dampers (diagonally opposite) are unsecured with the clear plastic post.

It is normal to only have posts (anti-drops) on two opposing corners. Remember the whole purpose of the rubbers is to dampen vibration. If you secure all four posts, you increase vibration transmitted from the aircraft to the gimbal.

Thanks DB, appreciate the response...

eyes.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20