Does anyone have their new Vision+ yet?

What a great place to shoot video ! Be happy with that !!

;)

Dirty Bird said:
BSWCBMD said:
RE Rubber Dampers: This morning while unboxing my new Vision+ I noticed that two of the four rubber dampers (diagonally opposite) are unsecured with the clear plastic post.

It is normal to only have posts (anti-drops) on two opposing corners. Remember the whole purpose of the rubbers is to dampen vibration. If you secure all four posts, you increase vibration transmitted from the aircraft to the gimbal.
DB, I watched a video ages ago and copied the use of electrical ties through the rubber mounts on my P2V. Peace of mind in case of crash. If I did the same when my P2V+ arrives:
and removed the posts,
replacing them with ties,
would that be a problem?
and is it a waste of time doing this on the P2V+?

Doono said:
DB, I watched a video ages ago and copied the use of electrical ties through the rubber mounts on my P2V. Peace of mind in case of crash. If I did the same when my P2V+ arrives:
and removed the posts,
would that be a problem?

I have seen that done before, but I do not believe it is necessary. Personally I will leave mine stock. The gimbal/camera will not drop off other than in an impact. In a severe crash, its going to be pot luck as to how the camera fares regardless of what you do. Having the anti-drops sheer away may (or may not) be advantageous, depending on the angle of impact. If you decide to use zip ties, I would install them in addition to the anti-drops on the open corners. Use the small ones. The black zip ties are UV stabilized, but will detract from the looks. The white ones look better but they become brittle with long-term exposure to sunlight so replace them every six months or so. Don't cinch them up so tightly that they compress the dampers so you don't negate your damping.

I had an order placed with a seller called "yellowtoblack" on Ebay, they said they were shipping on the 16th.. Well after no response from them for a few days after ordering last week.. they finally said they will not get them in until Monday, I cancelled my order and placed the order on Amazon from DronePro's and emailed them last night. They said they had them in stock and I chose overnight shipping ($35) and mine is set to arrive tomorrow! So $1335.00 not bad... :D I was really trying to get it for the weekend since I will be headed home for Easter and my folks like in a very pretty rural area and I really wanted to get them some shots of their house from above!

FPVLR said:
bentwng said:
FPVLR said:
First person to post a picture of the new camera antenna will get a free hug! :lol:
I just got a P2V+ today and found that the 2 camera antennas were relocated to the 2 sides of the battery compartment, in where the 2 big vent holes were. They look identical to the 2 patch antennas inside the P2V camera. The ends of the antenna wires are covered by white silicone glue, but I am not sure if they are attached through u.fl connectors or are simply soldered directly onto the boards.

Ok, so they are like patches? square?
ANy pics?
Yes, they are those square patches that were used in old P2V. I will post some pics tomorrow

I've been reading this forum Since December and finally created a user. A valuable resource to say the least. I bought the Vision in December, listed and Sold it on e-bay Monday, bought the Vision + the same day from Drones Etc, and had it by Tuesday. Didn't have a chance to fly it till last night. So here is an sunset video clip over water @ 1080p30. Used an NTSC codec for the video to minimize degredation. So far I am pleased I made the move before the value on the Vision dropped to much. By the way, I use an Android for FPV and the screen has not locked up yet at all.

Update: just watched it on youtube. Apparently when youtube converted the video from *.wmv it created some pixelation and degraded the video a bit. Sorry.

http://youtu.be/_97Y6QlIeOw

Dirty Bird said:
Doono said:
and removed the posts,
would that be a problem?

I have seen that done before, but I do not believe it is necessary. Personally I will leave mine stock. The gimbal/camera will not drop off other than in an impact. In a severe crash, its going to be pot luck as to how the camera fares regardless of what you do. Having the anti-drops sheer away may (or may not) be advantageous, depending on the angle of impact. If you decide to use zip ties, I would install them in addition to the anti-drops on the open corners. Use the small ones. The black zip ties are UV stabilized, but will detract from the looks. The white ones look better but they become brittle with long-term exposure to sunlight so replace them every six months or so. Don't cinch them up so tightly that they compress the dampers so you don't negate your damping.

Thanks DB :)

Hawk Eye said:
I've been reading this forum Since December and finally created a user. A valuable resource to say the least. I bought the Vision in December, listed and Sold it on e-bay Monday, bought the Vision + the same day from Drones Etc, and had it by Tuesday. Didn't have a chance to fly it till last night. So here is an sunset video clip over water @ 1080p30. Used an NTSC codec for the video to minimize degredation. So far I am pleased I made the move before the value on the Vision dropped to much. By the way, I use an Android for FPV and the screen has not locked up yet at all.

Update: just watched it on youtube. Apparently when youtube converted the video from *.wmv it created some pixelation and degraded the video a bit. Sorry.

at 1:50 is that a Model T Ford

Mav456 said:
Hawk Eye said:

Nice video. I notice you say you never lost fpv. How far out did you go? My old p2v would start slowin down and droppin at 250m and tyan be nonreliable in and out.

My P2V would only go about 600' in a saturated Wi-Fi neighborhood and the image would freeze up after every recording consistantly. I knew the second I started recording it would be the last time I would see FPV (Live view was set to lowest resolution) and had shut down the Phantom (In & Out of the app thing did not work after the "raw" update). Now with the PV2+ I am getting double, over 1200' with obstructions in the same saturated area and have not lost FPV at all using the same exact phone (Droid Razr) on the highest resolution on live view.

PhilAnderson said:
Thanks, Haw eye, too bad about the pix elation, but you still can tell it is a great video from a great quad!

Thanks. Just a test video. The only reason I trimmed the clip is because apparently I didn't realize when I took off, my house number and street name was in the video. I used Pinnacle Studio 14 and tried saving in multiple formats acceptable by youtube and the only format that had the least degradation was *wmv because it was the only format with a video bitrate of at least 12,000 kbits and most important NTSC codec. Saving as MP4 within Pinnacle at the same bitrate was horrible. I never noticed before when I posted an elaborate video in January for a local polar bear plunge fund raiser and was more focused on a fast post. Does anyone know of any PC software that does not degrade the video after editing? Pinnacle has no option to save as MP4 with the same codec as the P2V+.

RedRyderMedia said:
phantomguy said:
at 1:50 is that a Model T Ford

Guessing it's a golf cart since it's in the middle of a golf course...??

Correct. It is a golf cart and a very common mode of transportation around here and seems to be acceptable due to the golf course. Especially for teenagers that aren't old enough to drive a real car. Pretty laid back. They come in handy at Halloween for us parents who put more than enough time in walking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues