Does anyone have their new Vision+ yet?

Adam said:
Mine was delivered about two hours ago. I may not get to fly it tonight but will try to knock out a preview video with initial thoughts by late tonight.

Any requests? What do you guys want to see?

Any chance of a 100% crop from the centre of a DNG pleeeeeease ;) ? (just straight off the camera - no post work)

Also, seen some reports that the lens is different - could you measure the diameter please ?

Thanks
Paul

RE Rubber Dampers: This morning while unboxing my new Vision+ I noticed that two of the four rubber dampers (diagonally opposite) are unsecured with the clear plastic post. This is my first bird so I don't know whether they are intentionally not secured so I re-reviewed DJI's "Preparing to Fly" video and at the 3:35 minute mark there's a closeup of their P2V+ fresh out of the box and you can see (below) that one of the rubber dampers is secured with a post and the other is not. Sorry for the poor quality snapshot from the video but I think you can see that the left rubber damper is secured with a post and the one on the right is not. Can't see the other two but does it make sense for two of them to be unsecured? There are extra rubber dampers and two extra posts in the "accessories" but I can see where it will take some dis-assembly to insert a post in one corner. Are other new owners finding the same thing? Mine came straight from DJI (order 2790), arrived late yesterday.

Attachments

• rubberdampers.jpg
    rubberdampers.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 433
MikesTooLz said:
Mori55 said:
Think it's a good idea to fly around those ballons ?
you have to be smart about it. Stay off in the distance, not too close and stay up wind in the opposite direction that they are all going. Do all the normal pre-flight checks and calibration (before putting on the props to avoid a possible flyaway right at the start)

Please post video

FPVLR said:
First person to post a picture of the new camera antenna will get a free hug! :lol:
I just got a P2V+ today and found that the 2 camera antennas were relocated to the 2 sides of the battery compartment, in where the 2 big vent holes were. They look identical to the 2 patch antennas inside the P2V camera. The ends of the antenna wires are covered by white silicone glue, but I am not sure if they are attached through u.fl connectors or are simply soldered directly onto the boards.

BSWCBMD, I noted that on page 17 of the Vision + Manual it states: " The Anti-drop Kit helps keep the gimbal and camera connected to the aircraft. Two have been mounted on delivery. " That makes me think that that might be the set up to start and if you need more they have provided some additional "Anti-Drop Kit parts"...

Mine is on order but probably will be end of April....oh, sad day....

Thanks Jazebel.. I'm certainly old enough to know that I should have RTFM before posting... on my list for this morning...

bentwng said:
FPVLR said:
First person to post a picture of the new camera antenna will get a free hug! :lol:
I just got a P2V+ today and found that the 2 camera antennas were relocated to the 2 sides of the battery compartment, in where the 2 big vent holes were. They look identical to the 2 patch antennas inside the P2V camera. The ends of the antenna wires are covered by white silicone glue, but I am not sure if they are attached through u.fl connectors or are simply soldered directly onto the boards.
Pictures PLEASE! :)

Jezabel said:
BSWCBMD, I noted that on page 17 of the Vision + Manual it states: " The Anti-drop Kit helps keep the gimbal and camera connected to the aircraft. Two have been mounted on delivery. " That makes me think that that might be the set up to start and if you need more they have provided some additional "Anti-Drop Kit parts"...

I saw in a video were you remove the anti drop for flying but leave it on when transporting. If I can find the video I'll post it.

Big Chips said:
yeap...that camera lens is different ... and footage looks much cleaner now...

Lens is the same, but since it has a gimbal, so when recording video, you can shoot the narrow angle which eliminates the distortion.

BSWCBMD said:
RE Rubber Dampers: This morning while unboxing my new Vision+ I noticed that two of the four rubber dampers (diagonally opposite) are unsecured with the clear plastic post. This is my first bird so I don't know whether they are intentionally not secured so I re-reviewed DJI's "Preparing to Fly" video and at the 3:35 minute mark there's a closeup of their P2V+ fresh out of the box and you can see (below) that one of the rubber dampers is secured with a post and the other is not. Sorry for the poor quality snapshot from the video but I think you can see that the left rubber damper is secured with a post and the one on the right is not. Can't see the other two but does it make sense for two of them to be unsecured? There are extra rubber dampers and two extra posts in the "accessories" but I can see where it will take some dis-assembly to insert a post in one corner. Are other new owners finding the same thing? Mine came straight from DJI (order 2790), arrived late yesterday.

Only two is needed, to prevent your gimbal from disattaching from the phantom. no need to use 4.

with the +, are the antennas still on the sides only? Or is there even coverage regardless of yaw position?

Mori55 said:
Jezabel said:

I saw in a video were you remove the anti drop for flying but leave it on when transporting. If I can find the video I'll post it.

I believe they're talking about the "gimbal clamp" -- off for flying, on for transport and storage to protect the gimbal...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20