Does anyone else feel lost here?

There are many reasons why Adam might not be responding. He could be ill, no computer access, family issues etc The least likey reason I would imagine is just that he cannot be bothered to respond. Just my view...

bill

fly-catchers said:
There are many reasons why Adam might not be responding. He could be ill, no computer access, family issues etc The least likey reason I would imagine is just that he cannot be bothered to respond. Just my view...

bill

I respect your view Bill. Why Adam does not respond is a mystery. Take the new place though, there are now several of us who can and do respond to questions and suggestions over there when the owner is unable to. Thats what a team approach can provide. The software on the new place is beautiful to use and it makes me wonder if this place can do the same? If it could it would make everyones lives easier in an instant.

On the new place I can subscribe to a post, I don't see all of the posts that I have ever commented on in my posts list, just the ones I am interested in. At the click of a button I can mark everything read. The search function finds every little thing. There are nicely segregated areas for technical issues, training, chat you name it. I could go on.

I suspect this place could have most if not all of that but as it is we all just have to make do with a few stickies.

fly-catchers said:

bill
Since I joined this forum best part of a year ago, I have only seen Adam react once. He had little choice as the forum was being shredded by the troll Justsomeguy- and the various other names he uses.
In this case it seems he is just hoping the problem will go away. The other hurdle is that he cannot sort this on his own, he would have to delegate. And I think he likes holding all the cards.

fly-catchers said:

bill
He responded quick enough when I suggested he open up a sub forum on the Ground Station. I even got a reply the same day. However as Shrimpy says, its a mystery. If as many people as possible send him a PM it might bump it. On second thoughts I have my doubts.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

There may be some irony but it ends right where it starts. I'll bring up the option for something new. I may even exchange contact details with people over PM. But from there the conversation goes to a more suitable venue. I don't think it's right to use this site to foment rumors of its own demise and then extoll the virtues of the competition.

And I disagree that this site is beyond hope. For the most part, it works. Or at least I've dealt with much worse. It sorely needs some basic administration. But it has the most important ingredient that other site so desperately wants: critical mass.

ianwood said:
And it has the most important ingredient that other site so desperately wants: critical mass.

When you discover how to start your new site with critical mass Ian can you let us know? This place had one poster once. I would say its gone beyond critical mass and is now more of a Chernobyl. :lol:

Adam has started a site to address most the issues on this forum. I think at one time he even offered to pay someone to maintain it. I think it is a good thing and should be looked at a little closer.

http://phantomguide.com

dcoski said:
Adam has started a site to address most the issues on this forum. I think at one time he even offered to pay someone to maintain it. I think it is a good thing and should be looked at a little closer.

Just whereabouts on that site has he addressed 'most of the issues on this forum'? Its a site about gear for the Phantom with the last addition to it being early March. Hardly relevant to the issues discussed in this thread...sorry.

by IrishSights » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 pm

dcoski wrote:

Just whereabouts on that site has he addressed 'most of the issues on this forum'? Its a site about gear for the Phantom with the last addition to it being early March. Hardly relevant to the issues discussed in this thread...sorry.

Thank you for taking the time to go look at the site and you are right it is in shambles due to the lac of interest, but it is pretty well organized with nobody interested in it. I guess it all dependes on how you look at it. You see out dated gear and I see a moderated blog site where you experience pilot can give your expert opinion with the moderator’s blessing. Please don’t sell this place short. I see patterens in this chaos, just look at the last few days. It looks like the Canadains have a problem or go and try to fly your Phantom in Spain, but at the same time Hiway just got his retrack flying and somebody else just link their Phantom to a Raseberry Pi wirelessly. There is a heartbeat on this site, how long it will last your guess is as good as mine. I only hope we can keep a place such as this to keep this hobby of our’s alive. Before the Amazon and Facebook’s of the World take over.

The Phantoi logo error at the top header is a very simple fix in the CSS code. I have sent Adam how to fix it. The message has been sitting in my outbox for quite some time. It took me about 45 seconds to find the error.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I have two day jobs in addition to my work here. It's overwhelming at times, you should see my PM inbox...

I really want to make this site better for everyone....it's tough, trust me.

Adam said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I have two day jobs in addition to my work here. It's overwhelming at times, you should see my PM inbox...

I really want to make this site better for everyone....it's tough, trust me.

Find a few you can trust and give them some mod rights to help save you some time. Glad you are open to feedback. Now let's get to work! :)

neveradayoff said:
The Phantoi logo error at the top header is a very simple fix in the CSS code. I have sent Adam how to fix it. The message has been sitting in my outbox for quite some time. It took me about 45 seconds to find the error.

neveradayoff for the win. Thanks my friend.

Alright guys my goal is to have Mods going by this Sunday night. Hold me to it!

Adam said:
neveradayoff said:

neveradayoff for the win. Thanks my friend.

Well it didn't end up being as easy as I thought but you got it!

Adam said:
Alright guys my goal is to have Mods going by this Sunday night. Hold me to it!
I sent you a PM a while back. Let me know if I can be of any help. Thanks! ;)

Having joined the other place and had a look around I am starting to soften my approach a little. Still strongly agree with ianwood that it was completely unethical for the owner of the other forum to come on here and promote it. Even using the personal messaging function here is taking the p*ss out of the good nature of Adam. Talking of Adam, he has behaved in an amazingly tolerant and confident manner to allow the promotion - many forums would have simply deleted the original post. All credit to him !

Furthermore I do not buy the argument that the other forum is complimentary to this one - already we are seeing people who say they are going to concentrate their efforts there. Shrimpfarmer has certainly done his bit here, over and above what could be reasonably expected but it would be a shame for budding P2 videographers who are new to the scene to not have the benefit of his expertise and knowledge. Hope you will reconsider Shrimpy and continue to post here :)

Saying all that, I have never believed in cutting my nose off to spite my face so I for one will have no choice but to now have to visit both places to keep up with the zeitgeist ! Suppose part of me is like an old lady who likes to keep up with the goss (no offence meant to little old ladies !).

Finally, the cynic in me suspects there may be a financial motive in setting up the new site. I really hope I am wrong and it was done for the greater good of all but if it starts to become festooned with adverts as some other r/c sites are, I will be off immediately !

Again, huge thanks Adam and I look forward to a more moderated site :)

Good stuff. Just some folk that can prune threads and merge similar topics would be a good start.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1