does a phantom 4 pro remote work with phantom 4 advanced?

In a chat today with DJI Support they said the remote with display built in GL300E works with both the Phantom Advanced and Pro models but that it was the ONLY remote that worked with both models. Further they said only the DL300C is compatible with the P4 Advanced, and NOT the DL300C v.2. I suspect the agent was wrong.

I have the P4 Advanced Plus but want to buy another compatible controller without built in display so I can use my Android tablet and use Litchi and Drone Deploy apps. When I haven't flown for 10 days or so I find that Go4 is locked and I can't use it without logging in, which requires a WiFi connection, and there's none available. Very frustrating and time wasting.

I've gotten conflicting and confusing information from DJI support and from various online sellers about which model controller is compatible with the P4A. Also conflicting info in this thread. Help!

In a chat today with DJI Support they said the remote with display built in GL300E works with both the Phantom Advanced and Pro models but that it was the ONLY remote that worked with both models. Further they said only the DL300C is compatible with the P4 Advanced, and NOT the DL300C v.2. I suspect the agent was wrong.

I have the P4 Advanced Plus but want to buy another compatible controller without built in display so I can use my Android tablet and use Litchi and Drone Deploy apps. When I haven't flown for 10 days or so I find that Go4 is locked and I can't use it without logging in, which requires a WiFi connection, and there's none available. Very frustrating and time wasting.

I've gotten conflicting and confusing information from DJI support and from various online sellers about which model controller is compatible with the P4A. Also conflicting info in this thread. Help!

I can only add that with my GL300C Ver.B P4A remote turned on and Go4 connected (with drone disconnected/off otherwise this setting is locked out) I can go into the remote settings -> advanced and select another aircraft to use this remote with (choices are P4 or P4A or P4P). Does it work - no idea. Have only found 1 person (in this thread) that stated they got a GL300F (P4P) remote to connect with their P4A via this method (first selecting in app remote settings what drone you are going to use and then linking i assume).

IMG_0935.PNG
IMG_0936.PNG

When I previously tested my P4P remote controller with my P4A above (this comment), either the "Remote Controller Type" setting was missing in my version of DJI GO or it was not configured properly (not sure which). I just re-tested all of my remote controllers and was able to link my P4A to the following remote controllers:
  • P4A (model GL300C Ver.B)
  • P4P (model GL300F)
  • P4P+ (model GL300E)
In your case, the P4P remote controller (GL300F) would probably be your best bet since they are easy to find online. Here are a few places where you can buy the GL300F remote controller:

Reactions: Jim Canada
When I previously tested my P4P remote controller with my P4A above (this comment), either the "Remote Controller Type" setting was missing in my version of DJI GO or it was not configured properly (not sure which). I just re-tested all of my remote controllers and was able to link my P4A to the following remote controllers:
  • P4A (model GL300C Ver.B)
  • P4P (model GL300F)
  • P4P+ (model GL300E)
In your case, the P4P remote controller (GL300F) would probably be your best bet since they are easy to find online. Here are a few places where you can buy the GL300F remote controller:

Great work msinger... first hand real world knowledge!!! Please... can you put to bed one last myth which DJi can not answer properly:

If you connect the P4P GL300F remote to the P4A - Does the 2 stage shutter button to take pictures operate the same as when it is connected to the P4P. Does it focus on a half press (green focus confirmation box/zoom assist and beep etc) and then take the picture on the full press? Or does it just ignore the half press and just take the picture once fully pressed in?

I hope I’m replying correctly, but I too would like to know what controllers will work with a Phantom 4 Pro? I have Seveal Phantom 4 Pros, I upgrade both the controller and have a Patent pending upgrade for the Phantom 4, 4 Pro, and other 4 drones that allow huge signal gains. I need some controllers for Phantom 4 drones. If anyone get a solid answer I appreciate an answer. I was looking at the inspire 1 controller as they are everywhere cheap.

ya i have been looking, because the P4A is so new there controllers are hard to come across. but would you know if the P4 controller works with the Phantom 4 Advanced drone

My first P4A crashed a week ago and I bought a 2nd one yesterday. The spare (6 week old) GL300C controller is currently for sale on eBay. See classifieds for the link.

When measuring the P4 controller, GL300C, with an RF meter, it's weak compared to older P3P GL300A and Inspire GL658A. Because of this weak GL300C controller a stock P4 setup has poor range, compared to P3P. Maybe the version 2 of GL300C has new firmware to help boost the power, but I haven't had a chance to measure one. The biggest advantage the GL300F versus GL300C, IMO, is the P4P has outstanding range on the 5.8Ghz band, better than the optional 2.4Ghz. The P4P controller, GL300F, may work with P4A, but it won't have 5.8Ghz to go 4+miles.

I would bet you can take a GL300C from P4 (version 1) and program it with P4A GL300C v2 firmware and it would link ok and work ok.

Last edited:
If you connect the P4P GL300F remote to the P4A - Does the 2 stage shutter button to take pictures operate the same as when it is connected to the P4P. Does it focus on a half press (green focus confirmation box/zoom assist and beep etc) and then take the picture on the full press?
Yes.

I'm guessing this is definately not possible but I'll ask as I'm deperate ;):D
I cant get my P4P+ to load and operate pix4D and was wondering if it is possible to do 1 of 2 things.
1) Is there a way to use a cell phone device to run pix4D on my P4P+ controller? Even if it just doesnt use the built in screen at all.
2) Is it possible to link a P4 controller to a P4P craft? As I have a P4

I need to do a demo for a client and I have a P4P+ that is registered by our CAA and a Phantom 4 that isnt. I will need to use the registered craft. Any other suggestion that could make my P4P+ work with pix4D

Thanks
Jase

Thanks msinger. Wish the answer were different but now I can stop spending hours trying to make it work :D

Thanks again
Jase

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik