does a phantom 4 pro remote work with phantom 4 advanced?

I just tried linking my P4P remote controller to my P4A and it did not link. Only my P4A remote controller would link to it.

I don't see anyone selling new P4A remote controllers yet either. You might be able to find a used remote controller on eBay.

Reactions: LucasB
I don't see anyone selling new P4A remote controllers yet either. You might be able to find a used remote controller on eBay.
ya i have been looking, because the P4A is so new there controllers are hard to come across. but would you know if the P4 controller works with the Phantom 4 Advanced drone

Last edited:
I tried to link my P4 remote controller to my P4A too. That didn't work either.

Reactions: LucasB
I tried to link my P4 remote controller to my P4A too. That didn't work either.

Are you able to tell me if the P4A GL300C remote has the same 2 stage shutter button as the P4P? In the manual it states it does but my unit does not... trying to work out if its faulty or not?

Phantom 4 Pro remote will work with Phantom 4 Advanced.

I bought brand new P4A and it came with GL300C Ver.B remote that did NOT have 2 stage shutter button. Unfortunately (fortunately now?) I needed to send it back because that remote had issue with calibrating sticks. I got another remote controller that is GL300F. Works without problem on my P4A and has two stage button.
Before linking you need to set aircraft model you want to link with in remote controller settings.

Are you able to tell me if the P4A GL300C remote has the same 2 stage shutter button as the P4P?
It does not have a 2 stage shutter button.

I bought brand new P4A and it came with GL300C Ver.B remote that did NOT have 2 stage shutter button. Unfortunately (fortunately now?) I needed to send it back because that remote had issue with calibrating sticks. I got another remote controller that is GL300F. Works without problem on my P4A and has two stage button.
Before linking you need to set aircraft model you want to link with in remote controller settings.

Great info! So they shipped them with GL300C ver B (same as mine) but for some reason it is missing the 2 stage shutter button as per the specs in the manual. But replaced yours with the better right one (unless anyone can say its not better to have the 2 stage shutter button?). Only reason I can think of is on a 1 stage button you would not need to go to manual focus to lock the focus as there is no half press to re focus.

Now this makes me wonder some more. GL300C is the same remote as P4S (1 stage shutter button / FCC 5km / CE 3.5KM). GL300F is 2 stage shutter button / FCC 7KM / CE 3.5KM). Could it be P4A users with out of box GL300C remotes do not really have the larger range specified by DJI or would they have used the same remote and tweaked the settings/hardware to increase the range. Something odd going on me thinks to save costs perhaps.

GL300C is the same remote as P4S
The P4 does come with a GL300C remote controller, but it's not the B version. I was unable to pair my P4 remote controller with my P4A.

The P4 does come with a GL300C remote controller, but it's not the B version. I was unable to pair my P4 remote controller with my P4A.

Ok, so either a firmware block and tweak for extra range and/or perhaps hardware also for the extended range. They just did not to add the right upgraded shutter button (hardware). If I had to guess its all software updates (which save building another hardware specific line)... and cheaper than sending out P4P compatible remotes and wasting hardware. That's all just assumptions only of course.

They just did not to add the right upgraded shutter button (hardware).
Or maybe they copied the P4P manual (since it came out first) and forgot to change that section.

Reactions: rustybucket
Or maybe they copied the P4P manual (since it came out first) and forgot to change that section.

Yes one more possibility. Although to be fair, it is a variable focus camera system in need regular focus like the P4P and in all the what's different marketing this is not mentioned so intent appears to be it should have been included.

I am pretty sure that I have better range with this GL300F remote then stock GL300C Ver.B that came with my P4A.

I am pretty sure that I have better range with this GL300F remote then stock GL300C Ver.B that came with my P4A.

That's interesting as the range specs under FCC 2.4 are exactly the same @ 7km. I wonder if anyone has tested this in the real world... does a P4A with GL300C get the advertised range or same range as P4 and Does the P4A get the advertised range with GL300F or same range as P4P.

So with the replacement GL300F and the 2 stage button does it now focus on a half press with the Phantom 4 Advanced?

DJI have advised me originally it was 'designed' to have a 2 stage button on the GL300C for P4A, but people complained they did not like it, so they changed it to a 1 stage button. They went on to say they could swap it back to a 2 stage button if I liked but the half press function would not work anyway with the P4A (even if the remote did have the 2 stage button).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan