DOA Goggles....Is this fair and any suggestions on handling w/DJI?

Does DJI provide fair service and equitable service charges for their product?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
On 7-11-18, I received my DJI Phantom 4 V.20 and a set of DJI Goggles.
As a complete Drone newbie, I spent a couple of months learning my Phantom and wondering what those Goggles would do.
On 9-15-18, I pulled them out and put them on the charger. That was it....They would not power up. Additionally, the plug from the headband would not lock into the Goggles. Dead Goggles on Arrival and a schweckled battery/headband connector.
I've contacted DJI and they have sent me a return label for service. It's going out tomorrow.
They also said, "I was was past my return and replace dates" and they would be charging for service.
Yes. I didn't immediately try the Goggles but I didn't have any idea what those Goggles would do or how to do it!
I am incensed at this since I bought these assuming them to work. I think DJI is being ridiculous to want to charge me for repairs.
What do y'all think and how should I pursue this? Will escalating it work and if so, how?
Thanks to all! Fly cheerfuly!

It's common for a company to have a time limit on a warranty period. Otherwise they are on the hook indefinitely.

While I fully understand your level of frustration is it their fault you didn't try them out for 60+ days? While it's possible they will evaluate your situation and help you out I wouldn't count on it and assume worst case scenario. Keep in mind that many people will lie about their time-frame hoping to get something for nothing (obviously NOT the case here per your words) but they do have to protect their bottom line against fraud even if it harms a few individuals along the way. Worst case is a valuable lesson learned.

Keep us updated on the final outcome. You might be pleasantly surprised.

It's common for a company to have a time limit on a warranty period. Otherwise they are on the hook indefinitely.

While I fully understand your level of frustration is it their fault you didn't try them out for 60+ days? While it's possible they will evaluate your situation and help you out I wouldn't count on it and assume worst case scenario. Keep in mind that many people will lie about their time-frame hoping to get something for nothing (obviously NOT the case here per your words) but they do have to protect their bottom line against fraud even if it harms a few individuals along the way. Worst case is a valuable lesson learned.

Keep us updated on the final outcome. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Your point is eloquently stated no thoroughly understand however I feel like I’m just getting the short end of this deal. It’s very unfair and yes it’s my fault that I am look at them for 60 days but what what I’ve done with them I have no idea to this day. Anyway I will certainly keep everybody informed thank you so much for your response

This is a try on- DJI knows that consumer protection laws trump whatever they might hope you to believe their stated warranty conditions prescribe.

Don’t let them con you. Contact whoever your consumer protection regulator is and force then to do the right thing.

To say your outside a DOA or refund period is arguably reasonable- to say they won’t repair or replace with no charge to you is ridiculousness. How stupid do they think their customers are?

On 7-11-18, I received my DJI Phantom 4 V.20 and a set of DJI Goggles.
As a complete Drone newbie, I spent a couple of months learning my Phantom and wondering what those Goggles would do.
On 9-15-18, I pulled them out and put them on the charger. That was it....They would not power up. Additionally, the plug from the headband would not lock into the Goggles. Dead Goggles on Arrival and a schweckled battery/headband connector.
I've contacted DJI and they have sent me a return label for service. It's going out tomorrow.
They also said, "I was was past my return and replace dates" and they would be charging for service.
Yes. I didn't immediately try the Goggles but I didn't have any idea what those Goggles would do or how to do it!
I am incensed at this since I bought these assuming them to work. I think DJI is being ridiculous to want to charge me for repairs.
What do y'all think and how should I pursue this? Will escalating it work and if so, how?
Thanks to all! Fly cheerfuly!
Did they charge up,double press on the button like drone to turn off and on,,mine did not work at first ,it took couple presses on the button before any life showed,had me worried they cost a fortune here,check clips to make sure it clips out proper,can only go one way,unsure on these batteries but cause product sits around for a while it would not surprise me if they entrer hybination mode like drone batt,keep trying to power them on,single press then hold on

Might be worth finding a local member to yourself who knows how they work, let them check before you send anything off.

Reactions: BigAl07
Already sent to DJI. Not only do they not power up, the headband connector would not lock onto the Goggles. Argh!!!

DJI did the right thing. They repaired my Goggles under warranty and returned them to me. Now, I need to see if they did the repair properly!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic