Dji goggles with phantom4

Reaction score
Do the dji goggles work well with the Phantom 4? I understand you have to use a cable which is not a big deal. Wireless would be better but that's ok. I flew a friends Mavic pro today and used his goggles. Really liked it. Was wondering if it would be the same with the Phantom and should I get some. Looks like they have them on Amazon for 349.00 plus have to buy the cable. Any advice.

The first thing here is take a really small step back....Before you invest, wait until the new regulations are established. I have a sneaky feeling that as 107 is now, hobbyist will also be required to utilize a spotter for all flights with goggles. Just something to think about before spending.

When are the new regulations coming out? So I may ha e to have someone standing beside me? Where can I read about this? Does a 107 pilot have to have a spotter now? Many questions I guess. Thanks for the info.

So I may ha e to have someone standing beside me? Where can I read about this? Does a 107 pilot have to have a spotter now?

Not as of today, however this could be coming in the new regulations which should be out around April or so would be my guess.
This snipet below is what I was referring to, which may change.

VO.PNG

I want to get some goggles. I guess the worst thing that could happen is I would have to have an observer. I guess I don't totally understand the observer thing. I read the 107 rules about the observer. It states " visual observer keep your aircraft within unaided sight ( for example no binolculars). So I guess with goggles on you don't know if your within visual line if sight. I was trying to think of an example where a observer would come in play.
I will watch for the new rules. Wonder if they are going to change anything else?

So I guess with goggles on you don't know if your within visual line if sight. I was trying to think of an example where a observer would come in play.
Correct. If you are wearing goggles, you can not see the actual aircraft no matter where it is. That is where the observer comes in. To visually assist to maintain sight of the actual aircraft at all times. Not difficult to figure out examples of this really.

Yes I guess so. Makes me want to say the heck with it. I'll think on the goggles because I won't or don't have someone to go with me everytime I fly. Surprised they don't already have it for the hobbist if that's the case. Wonder what they do about the drone racers?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20