Do you put a note on your bird for if a stranger finds it?

I have done it ... I bought AVERY 2/3" x 1 3/4" labels, printed like EXAMPLE shown below, and plastered them on the side of the drone opposite of DJI label and on every battery's inner end below DJI serial number.

FAA-1A2B3C4D5E
IF FOUND PLEASE CALL
123-456-7890

Last edited:
I put my phone number on mine. Used a label maker with 1/4 inch tape. I think it's a good idea in case it's ever lost. Not every one will know what to do with the FAA label (phone # makes it easy).

I put my phone #, faa reg # and a reward if found tag

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Put my phone number on the outside. Can't hurt and, in my area, very good chance someone will call. No instructions... figured people know what to do with a phone number these days. :)

I put mine on to reward if found but also put tracker on it so I can find it

Yeah I have a label that says "Call 818.555.5555 For Reward"

Does the FAA not number have to be displayed? Also is everyone even applying for registration?

The reward number is a great idea!

Does the FAA not number have to be displayed? Also is everyone even applying for registration?

The HOBBY registration # has to be "Accessible" without tools. So you can put that # inside the battery compartment if you wish.

Commercial Registration # has to be on the outside of the aircraft on both sides and in letters/numbers as large as is practical.

I have a weather resistant decal on the underside of the aircraft with my contact information and REWARD and as someone else suggested I also have it on a TXT file on the SD card.

The FAA number can be inside the battery compartment. It not meant to be seen from the ground like a planes. Its there to see who owns it in case of a problem. I used a label maker for mine. A sharpie is a bad idea if you ever plan on selling it someday.

My phone number is written on the screwed-on prop guard brackets with a sharpie. The FAA# is printed on a label-maker sticker inside the battery chamber and the bottom of the body.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.