Basic Deliverable to client

Reaction score
I have looked and looked and tried to find just how people deliver their product.. Is it basically the sd card delivered for a sd card reader? Others talk about google drive ( hate google, but whatever works I guess ) I tried to put video's onto a DVD, but the quality of that is pretty bad. If a customer asked... so how do I get these photos and Video's ? What is the best method for this? So far I have found if you play drone videos on a computer it comes out great and if left on a sd card and played on a Smart TV its great... just no other media comes out as clear. Is this Correct? Please help... Thanks Anybody.

I have looked and looked and tried to find just how people deliver their product.. Is it basically the sd card delivered for a sd card reader? Others talk about google drive ( hate google, but whatever works I guess ) I tried to put video's onto a DVD, but the quality of that is pretty bad. If a customer asked... so how do I get these photos and Video's ? What is the best method for this? So far I have found if you play drone videos on a computer it comes out great and if left on a sd card and played on a Smart TV its great... just no other media comes out as clear. Is this Correct? Please help... Thanks Anybody.
If you want to deliver a physical SD card, that's one way but not always convenient.
It's a simple matter to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox or any of the similar sites and send a link to the client so they can download the files themselves.

Thanks for your reply. It appears any other media such as DVD's and that type of product don't have the quality for some reason even though you take a movie using MP4 .. if I use my canon movie camera which does MP4 format it show up great on a DVD.. but not an MP4 shot by a drone... I have some who want to purchase the Event that was shot with a mix of canon and drone footage and edited and sent to them on a DVD,,, but it doesn't work... guess the only way to do that is to get an email from them and then some how send it digitally.. If anyone as a better idea I will sure listen.. Thank You again for your reply to my questions Meta4..

Thanks for your reply. It appears any other media such as DVD's and that type of product don't have the quality for some reason even though you take a movie using MP4 .. if I use my canon movie camera which does MP4 format it show up great on a DVD.. but not an MP4 shot by a drone... I have some who want to purchase the Event that was shot with a mix of canon and drone footage and edited and sent to them on a DVD,,, but it doesn't work... guess the only way to do that is to get an email from them and then some how send it digitally.. If anyone as a better idea I will sure listen.. Thank You again for your reply to my questions Meta4..
The file will definitely be too big to email. The best way to do it is like Meta said, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox and then send the customer a link they can use to download it themselves. If you wanted to send an actual physical copy I think the best way to do that would be on a USB flash drive. I think that would definitely be easier than taking the time to burn a DVD and would probably also be easier for the client which in the end is what its all about. Hope this helped.....

Jody

Reactions: Bernie C
I typically upload the MP4 files to my free Dropbox account and email the client a link so they can download it -- as Met4 suggests. There is no loss in quality and the client is left to save wherever they like at their end. And I agree with jjdun777. Copy the file onto a cheap USB flash drive if you want to provide a physical copy. TIP: If you have a business and wish to invest in a little bit of marketing for a professional touch, you can purchase a supply of "wafer" business card-like USB flash drives with your contact information printed on them. The company I work for uses them when providing our final reports to clients. Or you can purchase similar logo imprinted thumb drives.

Reactions: Bernie C
Meta4, jjdun777, and MapMaker53 Thank You for your input.. I I'm done wondering how to deliver now. I'm going with the information provided. For Now probably go with Drop Box.. Will look at the logo imprinted thumb drives also. This Even is over Three days.. using a Canon Vixia HF R600 HD and DJI Phantom 3 pro and editing them with Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64.bit) I am new, but have done some editing for others in the past ( no charge, just for fun) Client also wants to add their own music. Most likely will have to go back and forth to get final product a dozen time ( guessing) Thinking of Charging $800.00 for entire project.. that sound nuts? way to much? or not enough. will have to incorporated approximately 25 to 30 stills taken by someone else into about a 20 to 25 minute video... Live in the state of Arkansas... I I'm part 107 certified and have Authorization from FAA. I'm new and sorta Ignorant on what a person might charge.. I looked at a lot of Youtube vids , but still not sure.. If anyone wants to weight in please do... thanks... everyone has been a big help already... Thanks (looked at the logo imprinted thumb drives.. look great.. thanks)

Hey there, SGA. Just read your posts. I am new too, and had the very same questions. There is a lot that goes into drafting a proposal for a customer. I am still learning but here are a couple points to ponder. For me, depending on distance to the mission site, I could spend hours doing site surveys and plans for the required shots before even shooting the mission. If I can get clearance for flight through LAANC, thats quick and easy. When a customer needs images at a location where a Cert of Waiver from FAA is needed due to airspace restrictions, my company should earn a return on the extra time. Essentially, your Pt107 certificate is like a professional license for which you spent time and money to acquire so that you can fly commercially. Without that professional investment, you wouldn't have the credentials to make official requests of the FAA to operate in the NA lawfully.

My piloting skills are getting better now that I've officially documented a couple hundred hours in the air, but my post-processing skills continue to need improvement. I take online courses, some of which I pay for. I get through it fine on the software I'm using, but I spend way more time editing than I do flying. Post-capture processing is the biggest expenditure of my time, by far. Because I am still learning how to edit efficiently, I can't charge based on the time spent processing my images. If you have editing talent, you have the opportunity to optimize your fees by spending less time to deliver the finished product. Sending images to customers for review, making additional edits and submitting them for another review all takes time, especially if you have to send hardware back and forth. That's why I use DropBox- a quick, easy and inexpensive service to send files back and forth. If you haven't used it before, its easy, with plenty of tutorials online.

As my product improves, so will my fees. And the same will go for you. As you progress, find ways to improve your bottom line. Can you suggest that your customer send you the audio cuts they wish to use, or can you provide the customer a list of tracks for them to pick from? With that, you, the producer, can professionally insert their chosen soundtrack on your video production. Some customers may appreciate the additional service. Be sure the soundtrack can be used legally. I often use free soundtracks from sites like BenSound.com by simply giving attribution to the owner of the music as required, usually a short credit at the conclusion of the video, like "Music provided by BenSound. Com"

$800 isn't unreasonable. As you improve your craft and generate more business, you can increase your fee appropriately. That's what I'm hoping to do, anyway. This site has been very helpful and I appreciate the experienced pilots that give their time to help others. Some of the members here share some incredible images and video. I learn something just looking at what they share!

good luck SGA !!

Thank You for sharing what you have learned. It was a big help in all aspects of the job I'm doing now. I have a lot to learn for sure. Between you and the others who have chimed in I believe I will get though this one just fine now.
Have a little more confidence in what I want to achieve in producing this product and get it delivered. On this particular job I will charge by the entire project, because of the learning curve... It wouldn't be fair to him to do it any other way because of the time I have to take in some areas and he shouldn't have to pay for that..( at least for now ).. Thank You again Bernie C. for your advise and encouragement... This is a great place to seek help... Thanks Everyone...

Are you trying to deliver raw video to your client? If so Google drive will leave your files pretty much raw, no compression. This is NOT highly recommended for many reasons

YouTube works great, but you have to render for the platform you are uploading to as well as what your client wants/needs

You can deliver 2160p 4k on YouTube. But can your client view that same resolution?

Thanks baddogtwo any and all info helps when your new... this is a great place to get help for sure... thanks again..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen