Do you own any cheap drone

I have the following multi-rotors:
with Brushless motors - Phantom P3A, Cheerson CX-20, ZMR 250 Mini H (carbon fiber and fiberglass versions) and a JJRC X1 and a ZMR 180 on the build bench.
with Coreless motors - Latrax Alias, Huiyang Toys F801C and WiFi versions, MJX X600, X800, X901 (all hexes) and a MJX X 400 and X701, Hubsan H107L and H111 Q4, Estes Proto X, Lishitoys L6052 and L6053, Lian Sheng LS-111 and LS-124, Bayangtoys X7, X9, JJRC JJ1000, H8 mini, H8C, H10, H12, and H22, FY326 Q7 (a great Syma X5C clone), Cheerson CX-10, CX10A, Floureon FX-10, UDI R/C U839, Skytech M62, FQ777-124, Eachine 3D X4, CG022, CG023 and several Picnic Quad frames in various configurations and flight control boards. The models listed in bold are my favorites and highly recommend but these are all fairly decent models. I probably missed a couple and I have been meaning to write these down like this for some time now, so I'll add to it as I go. Yes, I am obsessed with multi-rotors, just a little bit...

Has anyone weighed their Syma X5 or X5c to see if it's less than .55 pounds? :p

According to a YouTube Video on thrust, the X5c-1 weighs approximately 106 grams and develops about 150 grams of thrust.

That's well below the .55 pound threshold for registration. :p
Yup and that's fully loaded with battery, prop guards and camera attached!!!!

Yup and that's fully loaded with battery, prop guards and camera attached!!!!
Which is why it literally floats to the ground when out of range or the battery dies. It's virtually indestructible. It's a great ATTI mode trainer, as long as there isn't too much wind. The onboard audio offers what no other drone does, unless a GOPro is used. Registration free is the icing on the cake! Can't beat it for $55!

Which is why it literally floats to the ground when out of range or the battery dies. It's virtually indestructible. It's a great ATTI mode trainer, as long as there isn't too much wind. The onboard audio offers what no other drone does, unless a GOPro is used. Registration free is the icing on the cake! Can't beat it for $55!

Audio doesn't matter much... I have a GoPro on my P2, and when I watch the video, all you hear is BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..... lol... I just got my X5C-1 last week, haven't had a chance to take it outside yet, but it flies well in my basement... :)

Thanks to this thread I picked up a Syma X5c to play with. It won't arrive until the first week in January tho

Thanks to this thread I picked up a Syma X5c to play with. It won't arrive until the first week in January tho

I think it weighs less than a Phantom propeller... lol... but having fun with it so far...

Audio doesn't matter much... I have a GoPro on my P2, and when I watch the video, all you hear is BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..... lol... I just got my X5C-1 last week, haven't had a chance to take it outside yet, but it flies well in my basement... :)
It beats the sounds of silence. It's just an additional audio track you can reference. Cool if your chasing a barking dog, and when the motors cut out, you can hear the free fall rotation, and the crash impact, and if someone gets to your bird before you do, it's a recording of their conversation, too!:D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj