Do you dare to use left throttle stick 100% to descent faster?

Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to clear this issue for good, since now it is almost like a myth to me. Some people say that if I pull the left throttle stick 100% down to descent my Phantom faster, it may shut down the engines? Is there any truth to this issue?

I know the solo pull down of the left stick shuts down the engines when you have landed and already on the ground. Who would design such a feature if it may kill your bird when you're flying and descending? I hope it only is a rumor and urban legend.

So please, enlighten me. I am starting to get bored to slow descending ;)

This is not true. The motors will not shut off until the Phantom stops descending.

Its not true. the naza v2 flight computer from DJI has a "immediate" mode that can do this, however the phantom 3 will never do this. It also wont ever get into a vortex bowl, since DJI reduced the descent speed to prevent this from happening.
Go as wild on the sticks as you like, on standard settings anyway.

I use it all the time. No, you won't turn off the motors. The P3 has to be the same elevation for this to happen and not in a decent. In other words. On the ground, same elevation. 5 feet in the air and in my hand, held in same elevation. You can turn it off in the air if you are holding it.

Doesn't do anything. I hold it down 100% all the time. Just don't do it in full manual mode unless you know what you're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: skyhighdiver
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You just answered about 1,000+ threads over the last three weeks with this video! Thanks!

Reactions: Jacob
I do it sometimes I'm not really afraid of motor shutdown as others have stated the P3 has to be determining that it has stopped moving for some number of seconds, 3 I think.

Now, is it possible the P3 gets bad sensor data or mangles the sensor data it has and thinks it hasn't descended in 3 seconds as your pullin down on the stick 100%, yes, anythings possible but not likely. But it's for this reason I dont make it a habit of doing.

Up to you to decide but No the P3 isn't designed to shutoff when that is done at altitude.

Jacobs video doesn't answer the question asked. No one ever said you can't shut them off by the CSC method. The question was about throttle only straight down. In that case, no , it will not shut off.

Is the drone in that video a P3? It sure doesn't look like my P3. Nor does the controller look like my P3 controller.

No its a Phantom 2. The video just shows how CSC is commonly used across all the models.

And just so there is no confusion. Left stick down shutting the motor off after landing is not CSC.

Go as wild on the sticks as you like, on standard settings anyway.[/QUOTE]

Bad advice! Going "wild" on the sticks could possibly cause a CSC. Even in "standard mode"
The first part of your statement is true. You can decend at full down throttle, but going wild might start another "My P3 fell out of the sky and hit my Dog" thread. Lol........

I am not positive but I think the CSC functions are the same. Someone might want to try it with their P3 and video to be sure :)

I would except I cancelled my P3 order and went to the dark side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.