Do most of you have insurance?

Actually, they cover liability, fire, medical, and theft. There's a $750 deductible and tops out at $25,000 for medical ($10,000 for dismemberment or death). It's documented on their web site here.
Thanks for that. The $750 deductible would cover 99% of all claims, so it really is self insurance, unless you really f*d up! :eek: Hey, but it's free with membership! :cool: The general liability coverage does have a specific exclusion of the member and all family.

• There is no coverage for injury to a member to his own family (Household and Relative(s) living in the member’s household) for claims or suits.

Last edited:
More interesting thread will be/would be from folks who try to file said claim from SF or any other policy that offers riders. From what I have seen in other posts it's 1 claim within first year and policy is EOL'd.

Contacted DJI tonight about my dead controller and some other issues I’m having with the compass on my bird (P3 4k). They’re replacing it with a brand new one (confirmed that twice) as I have the DJI Refresh insurance. No issues or hassles what-so-ever. Nothing but good things to say at this point. I’ll keep you guys in the loop on how the rest of the process goes.

More interesting thread will be/would be from folks who try to file said claim from SF or any other policy that offers riders. From what I have seen in other posts it's 1 claim within first year and policy is EOL'd.
Probably true. You likely get one claim and then you are uninsurable, as being too high risk! Keep in mind that these policies are not sold as drone insurance per se. The are sold as a Personal Articles Policy, which usually has a minimum premium of $60 per year, but can cover virtually anything at a rate of roughly $2 per $100 of value per year. Drones can be covered by it unless you live in CA.

Contacted DJI tonight about my dead controller and some other issues I’m having with the compass on my bird (P3 4k). They’re replacing it with a brand new one (confirmed that twice) as I have the DJI Refresh insurance. No issues or hassles what-so-ever. Nothing but good things to say at this point. I’ll keep you guys in the loop on how the rest of the process goes.
new to you possibly -

Good Day, tcope is correct as a home insurance policy is usually for liability. Let's say you're flying over a crowd during a concert and the drone malfunctions (broken prop) causing it to drop into the crowd. The drone is running and falls onto three people causing severe facial lacerations to their face and arms whereas medical assistance is required a.s.a.p. These victims decide to sue you for two million and you are not insured.
If this scenario were to happen to you "what would you do".

Lost or Stolen may fall under your home policy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT