Do most of you have insurance?

I just called Nationwide, my home owners policy, I'm covered!!

You are going to have a large deductible under your homeowners policy that would apply and it's going to have fewer perils that cover damage to the drone. You would then have a homeowners claim on your recorded for any insurance company to see. Granted a claim under a Personal Article Floater will also show up but it's far less likely to affect future homeowner premiums then an actual homeowners claim.

But again, the big difference is that your HO deductible is very likely greater then a claim you'd file.

Reactions: KentA and Voxx
Don't home owners policy coverages only cover the item if it's damaged/destroyed while in the home (and not out flying around at some other location)?

No. They cover personal property while away from the home (in your car, in storage, etc.) but sometimes the limit is reduced for these items. Any limit should be well over a $1200 drone. The issue as I mentioned above, is the deductible on the homeowners policy vs no deductible on the Personal Article Floater and that the PAF is really an "all perils" policy.

The policy being discussed from SF is a policy that address damage to the Phantom only, it's not a liability policy. Two completely different things.

Yep...I completely understand. And...your home owners policy won't cover your little plastic toy if used for commercial purposes. At least State Farm won't. And...you should always have liability, which home owners may cover too...but that depends on the company. Unless you can afford to pay for any damage should it fall or crash into something you don't own. Either way, I completely understand the OP and was adding to that information.

Don't home owners policy coverages only cover the item if it's damaged/destroyed while in the home (and not out flying around at some other location)?
I have Nationwide homeowners ins., today they said no problem, even though it was lost at sea. no recovery. My deductible is $250, my loss was $1,800, and I've already gotten a new one (open box) for $1,200.

No. They cover personal property while away from the home (in your car, in storage, etc.) but sometimes the limit is reduced for these items. Any limit should be well over a $1200 drone. The issue as I mentioned above, is the deductible on the homeowners policy vs no deductible on the Personal Article Floater and that the PAF is really an "all perils" policy.
I have Nationwide homeowners ins., today they said no problem, even though it was lost at sea. no recovery. My deductible is $250, my loss was $1,800, and I've already gotten a new one (open box) for $1,200.

It is on our home owners policy. I also have the DJI insurance. But, you need a body for it. With SF I just have to tell them I lost the drone.

I know DJI refresh gets a fair number of negative comments. I have had it for my first DJI Phantom 4, and after having a rather unhappy interaction with a tree on a decent, it paid for itself for a gimble/camera and body repair.

I now have a Pro 4 plus. It has gone back for warranty service, but with DJI refresh they sent me an Air second day label and expedited the repair in 10 days from ship to return. They sent me a new drone and remote when I complained of a remote control issue. The left stick failed to function.

The State Farm is for a complete drone failure. And, I'm not certain if you dare to file more than one claim.

DJI refresh will repair/ replace. The limit is not based on whether they decide to replace the drone, but on the estimated cost of repair.

And yes, you need to return the drone.. A complete loss at sea is an issue. Then you might consider State Farm or home owners.

And, every policy is different. As has been noted before, filing with a home owners policy can and will run the risk of a rate increase that might in the long run exceed the benefits of the claim. And, homeowners does have the option of cancellation with notification. You will have no recourse if they cancel due to claims that make you a risky investment.

Do your homework,insurance policies are STATE controlled and local. They change by locality. DJI refresh is dependent on a company.
Nothing is perfect.

I talked to my agent yesterday and the drone isn't covered under ny homeowners policy.
1000.00 deductible too.

Reactions: K Henry
I have insurance with Allstate. I know there is no deductible but I have not had the conversation as to what mishaps they cover. The policy is not real specific and I hate to ask a bunch of questions. Don't want them to think I am finding ways to explain a claim although nothing has happened yet. It is a add on to my home policy and cost additional $30.00

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik