Do I need two drones?

I crashed my phantom 4 version two today and I’m sending it to DJI for repair. Do I need a Mavic 2 pro in addition to a P 4?
It’s just a credit card away.
If you are using your drone commercially, two drones is almost essential to ensure you can continue to work if there is a problem with one machine.
If you have two drones, there are a lot of advantages having wtw that use the same batteries and accessories.
Having two non-compatible drones means a lot of unnecessary duplication.

It’s just a credit card away.
Must be nice to have that kind of cash. You might be better off donating the cash it to a worthy cause, other than yourself. 80% of pilots around here are simple folks who just love the photography aspects of these aircraft, and most cannot afford as a hobby to have more than one at any time, just due to the expense involved. But, I suppose if you have the extra cash, go for 2.

You can never have to many,makes for a good change not to fly the same machine,it' is good getting to know but a change is always welcome,,I get bored easy so I have a few,not counting rc cars ,multiple t-rex 450s,it keeps me alive ,spend up....and yes I still donate to the cancer society,
Only live once enjoy it

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be nice to have that kind of cash. You might be better off donating the cash it to a worthy cause, other than yourself. 80% of pilots around here are simple folks who just love the photography aspects of these aircraft, and most cannot afford as a hobby to have more than one at any time, just due to the expense involved. But, I suppose if you have the extra cash, go for 2.
He didn't say cash. Credit card! Lol
Wow with my credit card, I could get 10 mavic's. Well, till I had to make any payments.lol

I can only say that I had to send my P4 in due to a VPS error - in warranty - and it took about a month to get a replacement. I think their turnaround time is a bit better now, but every nice day, I was wishing I had another copter to fly. So yeah, if you have the discretionary funds, buy a backup. But only if you can responsibly afford it. After all, this is an addiction...:)...

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Hi there, I'd have to say yes if you can afford more then one drone... DO! I myself have a Phantom 3 Adv., Phantom 4 and a Mavic Pro Platinum and glad I do, If one is giving problems I have two others to fly while I figure out the problem with the other one. So can a person actually have to many ? LOL Happy Flying......................
SteveP55

I've enjoyed my P4P+ for a couple of years now, and recently finished the first-flight on my new Mavic 2 Zoom. To answer your question ... I think back to something my dad used to say that's burned into my mind:

"At some point in every decision, the right thing to do will become completely obvious. If it doesn't, then defer the decision until it does."

Then I think back to something a boss/mentor used to say that I've never forgotten:

"If you can solve it with 'money', then it's not a problem, it's an expense, and the solution becomes a budgeting and a prioritization exercise."

I decided that I wanted a second drone, and I could afford it.

Both boxes checked.

If you're still trying to decide, then defer. If you can't afford it by paying cash, then budget and save. That's my advice.

I've enjoyed my P4P+ for a couple of years now, and recently finished the first-flight on my new Mavic 2 Zoom. To answer your question ... I think back to something my dad used to say that's burned into my mind:

"At some point in every decision, the right thing to do will become completely obvious. If it doesn't, then defer the decision until it does."

Then I think back to something a boss/mentor used to say that I've never forgotten:

"If you can solve it with 'money', then it's not a problem, it's an expense, and the solution becomes a budgeting and a prioritization exercise."

I decided that I wanted a second drone, and I could afford it.

Both boxes checked.

If you're still trying to decide, then defer. If you can't afford it by paying cash, then budget and save. That's my advice.
Some of the best advice ever: "At some point in every decision, the right thing to do will become completely obvious. If it doesn't, then defer the decision until it does."

Reactions: Realestatepro82
Your wife or girlfriend have more than 1 handbags in there closet. Why can’t you not have more than 1 drone? Sell one of there handbags and get a spare drone. Haha, just kidding. Dont mess around with there handbag collections.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Just like ham radios among my ham radio buddies, if it suits your fancy and pocketbook, go for all you can afford, even when you can only use one at a time (I have several radios on at once). If for commercial use, nice to have any kind of backup.

Finding the perfect drone is like finding the perfect camera bag. For many, different applications demand different drones. On the other hand, for many, after careful consideration of their drone applications, a "best solution" can be determined. No one can answer that for you.

Did you just ask this guy with a credit card for a donation or what?So he works for a living affording himself a credit card and you tell him to donate instead of spending his money on himself to have fun,are you for real!**** the nerve of some people!

I would recommend going for what you want. If you want it and can afford it then get one, or even two. I put off all sorts of things until I retired. Well I retired 12 years early because I could not work any mor. Now I can hardly walk, and anything I do I need assistance. Too late to do all of those things I put off until another time. Now I cannot do them at all.just don’t get into debt you cannot afford.

Reactions: Basspig
Did you just ask this guy with a credit card for a donation or what?So he works for a living affording himself a credit card and you tell him to donate instead of spending his money on himself to have fun,are you for real!**** the nerve of some people!
No is the bottom line answer. You misinterpreted the post entirely. If I had stated to the OP to "definitely" donate funds then you would have a grief to bear. This is not the case at all. And ...I will let this go at that. And no longer follow this thread.

Reactions: Boydy1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20