Do I need two drones?

I crashed my phantom 4 version two today and I’m sending it to DJI for repair. Do I need a Mavic 2 pro in addition to a P 4?
It’s just a credit card away.
Last December I got a P4P. A couple months ago I asked the same question. The answer was yes. The MPP was a perfect addition to my fleet. It came in a small case the looks like a DSLR camera case. You can discreetly carry it with you anywhere. You don’t get the prying eyes and nosey drone police with it. In fact, I took it to the beach in the afternoon and didn’t get bothered by a single person. Try that with your P4.

Jeff

I have two - the P4P and the MA. Both combine perfectly - the first one for usual filming and the second one for where big things not go (hills, narrow places, people etc. (within permitted distance) etc.
So I think the reason of having two must be clearly obvious otherwise it has no sense and P4P + Mavic 2 are more or less the same kind. You would have a permanent problem to decide which one to use when you go out.
For the professional use things are different of course.

Reactions: Jeff Millard
Flying commercially for professional work...two is a good idea, always keep one as a back-up for absolute worst case scenarios or disaster on the day of the shoot.

For fun? No, not really - 1 drone is enough. You're getitng much more pressional videography from a P4P sensor when shot at higher resolutions...no need to get a second cheaper drone unless there was a very specific purpose/need that a P4P was not able to fill.

RoOSTA

One drone, carefully flown and looked after, should be more than enough for most people. Rather, there should be greater emphasis placed on error-focused learning (of the non-crashing variety) in how to use it for best outcome. Then the end product would improve accordingly.

Yes, in serious business situations, two drones would be necessary. In stills photography over many years, largely overseas working in remote situations, I hardly ever had to use my back-up camera body and never because of a technical failure. That all said, I often despair at seeing how others handle their technological items - whether a drone, camera body, or lens.

Do you need 5 ??
Maybe.
You can put them in a line, then get yourself some cold dink, sit down and enjoy in looking all five of them. You can do that for a long time with no risk that something will go wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT