Do DJI ESC's contain BEC's

Reaction score
I'm going to mod my P1's with Futaba Rx's to give me some extra channels to operate several on-board rc switches remotely.

Has anyone replaced DJI Rx's to do something like this on their P1's?

I've thought about it a lot and have decided to power these switch's with BEC's rather than tapping off the 5V power supply to the NAZA. Using the BEC adds weight but leaves the NAZA power supply independent of rc switch circuits in case they pull too much current.

Does anyone, also know whether or not the DJI ESC's contain BEC's? If so what type are they... Linear or Switching?

Thanks very much for any help...

I'm going to mod my P1's with Futaba Rx's to give me some extra channels to operate several on-board rc switches remotely.

I've thought about it a lot and have decided to power these switch's with BEC's rather than tapping off the 5V power supply to the NAZA. Using the BEC adds weight but leaves the NAZA power supply independent of rc switch circuits in case they pull too much current.

Does anyone, also know whether or not the DJI ESC's contain BEC's? If so what type are they... Linear or Switching?

No BEC. They are purpose built specifically for the Phantom.

A little update...

According to the DJI website, my P1 (V1.1.1) appears to be powered by the Power Management Unit (PMU), that's included as a separate module with the NAZA-M V2 Flight Controller.

That implies that there are NO BEC's in the DJI Phantom's design!!!

Now I want to find out how the DJI receiver on the V1.1.1 is powered.... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj