DJI Solder Quality (lack of)

Reaction score
Let this be a warning to all.

Do yourself a favor and save the life of your Phantom 2 Vision + V3 - CHECK THE SOLDER JOINTS REGULARLY. Mine let go after about 160 flights (30-40 hours) and plummeted from only about 8 feet. I saw the prop on 1 arm start acting erratic. Then, the bird tipped to that corner and ultimately turned upside down and came to the ground. I pulled the top off and sure enough - one of the wires came lose from that ESC.

I had been flying this since January 2015 (6 months) without even a hint of an issue.

I will get it fixed/replaced; however, when I take it out of the box, I will cut the tape - remove the top - and check everything with my own eyes. Don't just keep flying it until it crashes. Just like a car - open the hood every once in a while (every 20 hours of flight).

An ounce of prevention.............................................

Reactions: kobraman
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, yep you do think all is ok til something goes wrong, good old solder joints for ya:(

Agree with ya about checking under the bonnet of a car sooooo why not our phantoms;)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why I get no power to my transmitter but I do get power to the IOSD mini? I'm using the plug and play cable
Thanks (I don't know how to post a new thread)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V8starlet