DJI Service Sends Refurb for 6 Week old Bird

Reaction score
Once again I send a 6 week old bird in for stress cracks and get a refurb back that has a small stress crack in a screw hold..I GIVE UP!

I sent in my P4P and RC last week. Antenna broke off the RC from normal usage. Stress cracks in the landing gear (known issue). Gimbal flips on turns and gets over loaded. Gimbal is unstable flying backwards.

DJI told me to fix these issues would be $156. $26 in parts. $130 in labor (2 hours to fix at $65 an hour). TOTAL RIP OFF. I bought this P4P in January 2017 and I sent in proof of purchase. They said the P4P was out of warranty.

I ended up paying it. Still waiting to find out when they will ship my stuff back.

Reactions: Nestmac
I sent in my P4P and RC last week. Antenna broke off the RC from normal usage. Stress cracks in the landing gear (known issue). Gimbal flips on turns and gets over loaded. Gimbal is unstable flying backwards.

DJI told me to fix these issues would be $156. $26 in parts. $130 in labor (2 hours to fix at $65 an hour). TOTAL RIP OFF. I bought this P4P in January 2017 and I sent in proof of purchase. They said the P4P was out of warranty.

I ended up paying it. Still waiting to find out when they will ship my stuff back.
My guess would be the $156 would be for the antenna repair the rest is going under the warranty.

I think the P4P only has a 6 month warranty, except for a couple of main boards that have 12 months.

Once again I send a 6 week old bird in for stress cracks and get a refurb back that has a small stress crack in a screw hold..I GIVE UP!
You should have sent it back where you purchased it. In Amazon for instance, they give you three months. Not satisfied or issues with the product you can return it or exchanged it.

I think the P4P only has a 6 month warranty, except for a couple of main boards that have 12 months.
Well if you paid with a CC most of them offer to extend the warranty, Nikon offers a 1 year warranty and I recently had a $400 repair and the CC picked up the tab after a little paperwork and that was 22 months after purchase..

Reactions: The Ghost
Sorry to hear about your troubles with DJI
Even with a big price tag on their products you can't expect a high quality
It's a Chinese company right?
They getting better but not quite there yet unlike country's like Germany USA or Japan who are famous for their quality products

Yep the 6 month warranty is a joke. Should be a year. Wait and see they will probably send you a refurb.

Well if you paid with a CC most of them offer to extend the warranty, Nikon offers a 1 year warranty and I recently had a $400 repair and the CC picked up the tab after a little paperwork and that was 22 months after purchase..
Paid cash. The issue is they covered it under warranty but this is my third DJI repair this summer and new drones are kept and refurbs are sent.

Paid cash. The issue is they covered it under warranty but this is my third DJI repair this summer and new drones are kept and refurbs are sent.
Third repair? How many DJI drones you owned? I only have a standard since January of this year and have been outstanding. No issues so far.

Whoa, that makes no sense. My P4 was replaced with a new craft due to cracks in the body shell when is was 362 days old, just 3 days within the 1yr warranty. Why would P4P have a different warranty term? Where does it say 6mos? I know batteries are 6mos, but the craft should be 12mos, everything in the craft.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Cost breakdown shows they charged me $10 for each landing gear, so $20 total. The numbers didn't really add up. Curious to see what I get back.
It doesn't sound like they are addressing the gimbal problem. Did you see any mention of them confirming the problem and plans to fix it?

Whoa, that makes no sense. My P4 was replaced with a new craft due to cracks in the body shell when is was 362 days old, just 3 days within the 1yr warranty. Why would P4P have a different warranty term? Where does it say 6mos? I know batteries are 6mos, but the craft should be 12mos, everything in the craft.
Look it up on their website, it is clearly written.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic