DJI Service Sends Refurb for 6 Week old Bird

In your case if you are beyond 30 then you would need to deal with the mfg (dji). At least with Amzn you get 30 return window whereas if you buy new from dji you do not.

Amazon is not so great either. I bought P4 from DigitalAndMore via Amazon and when I tried to return for repair or return was told by Amazon that the 3rd party only offers refunds within 30 days. I said it is not that I simply don't like it. IT BROKE (RC battery wont charge). Amazon was firm and so no deal. 1Even their A to Z Guarantee was worthjess in my case. Of course I tried the vendor and got the same 30 days return policy. Apparently they do not support any type of warranty repair or return/refund program. Very disappointed in Amazon. And DigitalAndMore (out of New York) is terrible. I should have read their reviews...barley 85% positive. IN my opinion they are to avoided at all costs. At least at Best Buy you can but an extended warranty plan that will give you a replacement within 1 year or 2 years depending on what you buy. It worked well with a printer I bought there/

There is an option in amazon if you want extended warranty or support. It is not free but it will give you more than the standard 30 days warranty.

I sent in my P4P and RC last week. Antenna broke off the RC from normal usage. Stress cracks in the landing gear (known issue). Gimbal flips on turns and gets over loaded. Gimbal is unstable flying backwards.

DJI told me to fix these issues would be $156. $26 in parts. $130 in labor (2 hours to fix at $65 an hour). TOTAL RIP OFF. I bought this P4P in January 2017 and I sent in proof of purchase. They said the P4P was out of warranty.

I ended up paying it. Still waiting to find out when they will ship my stuff back.
seems like 2 hour repair fee is there norm.

seems like 2 hour repair fee is there norm.
Yep we ALL get surprised on the warranty. 6 mos. on most of the bird except the shell (1yr). Im looking at other Mfr. closely for my next ship, which will NOT be a DJI product.

Wish Best Buy was more then 14 days

if you spend enough money at best buy you will get 30 return policy.
that is what I have.
and I have spent a lot of money there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl