DJI sent me this notice

Request #1596 Unit Checked into Queue
  • 042592a5137be003a791c069e2e953fd

J.V. Today at 09:14
    Dear John,
    We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.
    Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.
    Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.
    We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.
    DJI Service Center North America

Have you seen the cost of replacement parts? If someone does damage that's not covered under warranty you're literally better off buying a second unit and parting off the first one. ( not even factoring having to wait one to two months to have it repaired.

If you add just the cost of individually buying the Camera / Gimbal (either version), the Phantom 3 (no battery props cam etc), Remote Control, Battery, battery charger, props. You're already looking at double the cost of a Phantom 3 advanced. That's nuts.

Have you seen the cost of replacement parts? If someone does damage that's not covered under warranty you're literally better off buying a second unit and parting off the first one. ( not even factoring having to wait one to two months to have it repaired.

If you add just the cost of individually buying the Camera / Gimbal (either version), the Phantom 3 (no battery props cam etc), Remote Control, Battery, battery charger, props. You're already looking at double the cost of a Phantom 3 advanced. That's nuts.
I realize that, the reason I am expecting my repair issues to fall under the warranty category. But my expectations don't matter to DJI. I am at their (DJI's) mercy if you will, to decide what went wrong with my P3 and hopefully they fix it. It didn't crash, it just doesn't work right when I sent it in. It doesn't work like it did when I got it. I updated the firmware and it began flying erratically after that update. They now have my drone. They can say whatever they want about what they will do or not do to satisfy me. They are holding the cards. I knew that when I decided to spend $54 freight charges and insurance to send it back to them. Lots/most P3 owners are saying their P3's fly perfectly. I thought mine did too at one time. I would like it to be brought up to that standard. I will report what DJI does with my case. Until that time I spent my money but I don't have my drone. Not happy but I'll live.

I realize that, the reason I am expecting my repair issues to fall under the warranty category. But my expectations don't matter to DJI. I am at their (DJI's) mercy if you will, to decide what went wrong with my P3 and hopefully they fix it. It didn't crash, it just doesn't work right when I sent it in. It doesn't work like it did when I got it. I updated the firmware and it began flying erratically after that update. They now have my drone. They can say whatever they want about what they will do or not do to satisfy me. They are holding the cards. I knew that when I decided to spend $54 freight charges and insurance to send it back to them. Lots/most P3 owners are saying their P3's fly perfectly. I thought mine did too at one time. I would like it to be brought up to that standard. I will report what DJI does with my case. Until that time I spent my money but I don't have my drone. Not happy but I'll live.

You paid $54 to send it back? That's shitty man.

Did you have to send it back to China?, or to the factory service center here in Calif?

Did you have to send it back to China?, or to the factory service center here in Calif?
China told me to contact Calif. They gave me an RMA # based on what my complaint was. Tracking has verified that they received my P3. DJI sent me a conformation and said I have to wait 6 weeks. Some other folks that have sent their P2's have been waiting for six months. That is not encouraging.

I guess a prepaid shipping label was wishful thinking...
They didn't wouldn't give me one. I guess they figure I complaining for no reason. Si if I want it fixed I gotta get it their. It wasn't flying right so I am taking my chances and hope they bring back up to standard at no cost to me. Only time will tell.

China told me to contact Calif. They gave me an RMA # based on what my complaint was. Tracking has verified that they received my P3. DJI sent me a conformation and said I have to wait 6 weeks. Some other folks that have sent their P2's have been waiting for six months. That is not encouraging.
No, seems like a long time, either they don't have many Tech's, are not efficiently running the repair program, or, what is more worrying, they are slammed with warranty work.

No, seems like a long time, either they don't have many Tech's, are not efficiently running the repair program, or, what is more worrying, they are slammed with warranty work.
You make a good point. My guess is they only have one person working on these. Don't know for sure but someone else on this forum suggested they knew that to be true.

Weird. I'm having "disconnected" issues and they issued me a shipping label. I asked for it though. No way I'm paying to send them their own broken drone for warranty repairs.
I knew I could count on you for encouragement. Should I have kept flying it the way it was in your opinion? I wasn't to far away from crashing the way it was last acting.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks

Reactions: AbsPapa
Did they not ask you for the flight data files and go through those first? This is what they have been doing with me

AbsPapa needs to find another hobby until his UAV gets delivered back to him so we don't have to hear about how DJI and China suck 24-7. Maybe take the old gipper fishing, go over to his house for a game of cards.. Maybe bingo???

AbsPapa needs to find another hobby until his UAV gets delivered back to him so we don't have to hear about how DJI and China suck 24-7. Maybe take the old gipper fishing, go over to his house for a game of cards.. Maybe bingo???
Sammy. Try and be nice. You let people bother you too much. You want my shrinks #? Now don't get mad I'm just funning ya.

Reactions: Sammynels
AbsPapa needs to find another hobby until his UAV gets delivered back to him so we don't have to hear about how DJI and China suck 24-7.
o_brother_pardoned-194.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl