DJI Care Refresh Problem

Reaction score
Little over a year ago I crashed my P4P, sent it in under DJI Care Refresh and promptly received a new machine. Very impressed. Then, last month had to (unfortunately) repeat the process due to another accident, but this time there was a $574.00 repair invoice, a second for $169.00 for a new battery and the $119.00 if I wanted to have a new replacement drone. The explanation was as follows:

download.png

Ken (DJI Support)
Dear John,Thank you for your patience.
This is Ken from the Technical Support team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.
Here's the result of the data analysis on your case number: CAS-3161162-P1J6W0.
Incident date: 2019 06 09 FLY124
1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s command well;
2. Flight Time T=164 seconds, Relative Height H=26 meters, the aircraft recorded impact;
3. Incident coordinates: 49.287684 -123.115987
According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction.
We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges.
Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Best regards,
Ken
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI Support
Very similar situation between the two crashes but very different outcomes. In the first crash there was no "product malfunction" but I was fully covered and received a replacement drone. All I paid was the very reasonable replacement fee of $119.00. In this case I had simply flown into a tree.

In the second I, or the P4P, flew into a nearby building while I was fumbling to switch to ATTI mode. I was a second or two late.

Anybody else have a relevant experience to share?

I purchased DJI Care along with my first P3S. It gave me some sense of security knowing that if my inexperience resulted in a crash, pilot error was covered. But I don't know how many times they will keep replacing drones.

Read your policy carefully. I would be interested in knowing the limitations.

Limitations are many but very last one on page 5 (attached) will be their fall-back in the future when they decide to stop replacing drones.

Attachments

• DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement.pdf
    174.4 KB · Views: 280
I just went through the REFRESH process with my P4PV2. I posted about this in another spot yesterday. The whole process was probably the best customer service I have ever received. It took about 2 weeks for the new P4PV2 to return and so far it works perfect. I am very happy with the REFRESH WARRANTY. It cost $140ish and I am working again. They have regular updates on their web page for the progress of your UAV. The techs even posted pictures of the damage they found. Which was more than what I knew. I should be able to replace 1 more time under REFRESH but hopefully I wont have to find out! My opinion is, GET THE REFRESH!!!!!

I just went through the REFRESH process with my P4PV2. I posted about this in another spot yesterday. The whole process was probably the best customer service I have ever received. It took about 2 weeks for the new P4PV2 to return and so far it works perfect. I am very happy with the REFRESH WARRANTY. It cost $140ish and I am working again. They have regular updates on their web page for the progress of your UAV. The techs even posted pictures of the damage they found. Which was more than what I knew. I should be able to replace 1 more time under REFRESH but hopefully I wont have to find out! My opinion is, GET THE REFRESH!!!!!

Your experience exactly mirrors my FIRST one but I suspect they have a very different scenario for SECOND TIMERS!

I forgot to mention I actually received an email that said something similar when I first emailed them. It turns out they were not handling my case through refresh. I had just made a repair request. I sent a reply stating I wanted to use the refresh and they promptly changed it. Is it possible that could be the case here?

I forgot to mention I actually received an email that said something similar when I first emailed them. It turns out they were not handling my case through refresh. I had just made a repair request. I sent a reply stating I wanted to use the refresh and they promptly changed it. Is it possible that could be the case here?

Just asked the question and this turns out to be my solution I certainly owe you a pint. John

Just asked the question and this turns out to be my solution I certainly owe you a pint. John

That is great Jim! I would be interested in hearing how your 2nd claim goes.

Hi Dave: You made my day with your suggestion as I followed your lead and DJI will now provide a new drone for the regular $119.00 replacement fee. If you are anywhere near Ottawa or Toronto Canada I will buy you that pint—or two. Many thanks,

Reactions: LarBear360
Hi Dave: You made my day with your suggestion as I followed your lead and DJI will now provide a new drone for the regular $119.00 replacement fee. If you are anywhere near Ottawa or Toronto Canada I will buy you that pint—or two. Many thanks,
The confusion originated from their giving you the option to pay for the repair costs OR use and pay for the $119 deductible of your second and last replacement, as the alternative. No battery coverage existed, so they included a battery replacement, too, which you can decline, whichever way you chose to go. Glad you got it sorted out!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1