A "Dear John" letter from DJI

A

AbsPapa

I have sent my P3P in to DJI America for warranty repairs. They sent me the following confirmation letter. I received this letter on June 29th:

J.V. Today at 09:14
Dear John,
We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.
Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.
Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.
DJI Service Center North America

Good news eh? Hopefully you get your bird back and it is onward & upward for you. :D

Reactions: AbsPapa
Not sure the purpose of this thread...?

The "congratulations" does urke me... For some reason I don't see that as a reason for celebration.

Not sure the purpose of this thread?.
Back in the day, probably way before you were born, girls would break up with a boyfriend by sending them a letter. They came to be known as Dear John letters. The OP was making a play on it, since his name is John. Kinda funny.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Back in the day, probably way before you were born, girls would break up with a boyfriend by sending them a letter. They came to be known as Dear John letters. The OP was making a play on it, since his name is John. Kinda funny.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
You would have to be a certain age to know what a "Dear John" letter is. Actually you would know the pun if you were considered old, like I am, lol.

I'm not returning mine even though I have a messed up gimbal because I don't want to wait 8 weeks for them to potentially fix that issue and possibly break something else

I'm not returning mine even though I have a messed up gimbal because I don't want to wait 8 weeks for them to potentially fix that issue and possibly break something else
That is certainly your choice to make, @ 30secs. Believe me I would rather not have had to send mine in either. I have no idea if they will even fix my drone. I'm at their mercy. But, the way mine was flying, it was just a flight or two from crashing.

o_O Oh joy, I can sleep tonight,,, knowing the conclusion to episode 15 of "The Never Ending Story".

I wish there was a puking smile... :eek:

Reactions: Clipper707
This is freaking absurd. How many threads are you going to post on the same subject?

Get a life, get help, get another Phantom and get on with life.

Reactions: snerd and izzydrone
"until a repair technician services it at a work bench."

Maybe should be worded "at THE work bench"?

I have sent my P3P in to DJI America for warranty repairs. They sent me the following confirmation letter. I received this letter on June 29th:

J.V. Today at 09:14
Dear John,
We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.
Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.
Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.
DJI Service Center North America
I'm going to send mine in also. But first I'm going to buy a 3D Robotics backup copter and try it out while the phantom in in repair because of a faulty firmware they released. I hate DJI and their crappy customer service.

I'm going to send mine in also. But first I'm going to buy a 3D Robotics backup copter and try it out while the phantom in in repair because of a faulty firmware they released. I hate DJI and their crappy customer service.
The worst customer service I've ever seen in my 64 years on this earth. Ask them to pay for your postage if you send it in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl