DJI "See the Bigger Picture" - August 23, 2018

Are you excited? Will you get one? If so, which one, Pro, Zoom, or Enterprise (possibly Enterprise)?

• Total voters
Reaction score
It has come! DJI's "See the Bigger Picture" event is going to be August 23, 2018, in New York at 10AM EDT!

You will be able to watch the event LIVE HERE!!

Of course, we all know it's the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, possibly Enterprise! You can see at the beginning of the video, the power button on the battery.

I contacted my DJI dealer that I have dealt with for the past few years and asked him to put me on the list for one. He said I am first on the list and he will send me an invoice as soon as he is allowed to divulge the price. (Guessing around 10:30am on Thursday) So, I guess you could call it a pre-order. But I haven't had to put any $ out yet.

Just saw this posted in Mavic . Might have been posted in PP already and sorry if it has.
It takes two baby....the new...

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 6.50.57 PM.png

I'm very curious if DJI included the rumored craft ID broadcasting they've been talking about. That would be a deal breaker for me. If it can't be disabled, I'm not interested.
DJI have already said publicly unique ID broadcasting was included in DJI GO4 and the Mavic Pro firmware as at December 17. They claim enabling the function to be user selectable. It would seem adding it to all current phantoms would be a trivial exersize for them.

I’m not sure how much difference it might make. Aeroscope receivers already log telemetry including launch point and AC serial number. Those intent on avoiding being linked to their flying activities might still avail themselves of the same methods currently available to them.

Looks to me that they have taken the weakest point of the Mavic pro and improved upon it on both models. That is the delicate gimbal.
Looking forward to soon knowing the specs of both and then begin the next period of waiting.... that of delivery!!

Well, the new M2 still has no ATTI mode, sad. The DJI goggles aren't compatible initially, but DJI promises a firmware upgrade to their Goggles to be compatible. Overall they've enhance the Mavic quite a bit, I like both models. I'll be ready to buy after the bugs get worked out, assuming DJI follows their normal release process of the customer being their beta testers. I know I sound cynical, but that's been a consistent pattern. It's a first for DJI to announce a new drone and ship the product the same week, which they promised yesterday. Maybe....just maybe..... since it's been almost 2yrs..... there's going to be another first and they'll ship a new craft design that has been thoroughly tested and refined, with no bugs before shipping. Hah! I'm not delirious. I know that's not happening, but wouldn't be awesome if I was wrong and the craft actually worked as advertised?

There's already reports of excessive display warnings, which is to be expected given their nanny habits.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
It's a first for DJI to announce a new drone and ship the product the same week, which they promised yesterday.
Why be so negative?
I think they showed they can with the Mavic Air. And, as they stated in the unveiling, the reason they delayed the launch was to get production built up. It appears they can and did learn from mistakes.

I'll be ready to buy after the bugs get worked out, assuming DJI follows their normal release process of the customer being their beta testers. I know I sound cynical, but that's been a consistent pattern.
I know this is often stated on forums but I don't think it's backed up by facts.
I bought a P4 pro as soon as they were released and it's worked exactly as advertised from day 1 just like the backup machine I bought later.
I don't remember any issues with my P3s either.
Given the time the Mavic 2 has been in development (leaks showed it has been around a long time already), it is unrealistic to suggest that DJI is releasing an untested product for users to beta test.

I know this is often stated on forums but I don't think it's backed up by facts.
I bought a P4 pro as soon as they were released and it's worked exactly as advertised from day 1 just like the backup machine I bought later.
I don't remember any issues with my P3s either.
Given the time the Mavic 2 has been in development (leaks showed it has been around a long time already), it is unrealistic to suggest that DJI is releasing an untested product for users to beta test.
You of all people should remember all the firmware issues with p3p, batteries shutting off mid flight with firmware 1.5, and DJI realizing the issue creating 1.6 with throttling with a governor in the firmware after discharging to 3.6v. The P4P was probably the worst with the gimbal flip issues, then there was the yoyo issues for the p4. It's all contained in this forum. You and I both lived through all this. How could you forget? It's always been the home in this forum... is it safe to update? Them who started not letting us revert to previous, so it became even more important... Is new firmware working ok? Then there's the shenanigans of DJI sneaking in geo features into new releases without tells us in the release notes, very tricky. I could go on. There's lots of history on this.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
You of all people should remember all the firmware issues with p3p, batteries shutting off mid flight with firmware 1.5, and DJI realizing the issue creating 1.6 with throttling with a governor in the firmware after discharging to 3.6v. The P4P was probably the worst with the gimbal flip issues, then there was the yoyo issues for the p4. It's all contained in this forum. You and I both lived through all this. How could you forget? It's always been the home in this forum... is it safe to update? Them who started not letting us revert to previous, so it became even more important... Is new firmware working ok? Then there's the shenanigans of DJI sneaking in geo features into new releases without tells us in the release notes, very tricky. I could go on. There's lots of history on this.

Soooooo true ... how quicky some of us forget the horror stories and crashed machines ... AFTER version ‘509’ of the firmware was released the dependability of quality testing being done by DJI before releasing an update quickly tanked, with many issues being well documented within this forum. I am still on ‘509’ with good flying results and no restrictions being forceably imposed. I just obey the rules and fly with dependability and safety.

DJI have already said publicly unique ID broadcasting was included in DJI GO4 and the Mavic Pro firmware as at December 17. They claim enabling the function to be user selectable. It would seem adding it to all current phantoms would be a trivial exersize for them.

I’m not sure how much difference it might make. Aeroscope receivers already log telemetry including launch point and AC serial number. Those intent on avoiding being linked to their flying activities might still avail themselves of the same methods currently available to them.
Yep, DJI is complying with the authorities, things are going to get even more strict. I have to laugh at DJIs excuse for the one month delay of the Bigger Picture event after reading this post. That's some clever marketing spin. The truth come out.

Yep, DJI is complying with the authorities, things are going to get even more strict. I have to laugh at DJIs excuse for the one month delay of the Bigger Picture event after reading this post. That's some clever marketing spin. The truth come out.
It seems DJI has moved to a higher level of proactive stance than simply advance compliance- they seemingly have a seat at the table with regulators where they might hope to avoid having their products banned from sale.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl