DJI Quiz and other..

Reaction score
Hiya all,

I have this iPad mini2 32gb nothing else on this purely for the drone....and every time I start up this DJI Knowledge quiz come up and I can't escape it to remove, this sometime comes up just when I am ready to take off and can't see the screen, is there anyway to remove for ever!!! not good when you are about to take off and have to abort..

2nd question when stating up I get the message Mobile device CPU fully loaded related performance will be affected..
Any iPad Mini 2 users relate to this??

Thanks all stay safe Len

Last edited:
Time to upgrade. At least a mini 4. You still have too much running on yours. Sometimes just an update is enough to push the cpu past it’s limits. Delete or shutdown all other apps before flight.

Time to upgrade. At least a mini 4. You still have too much running on yours. Sometimes just an update is enough to push the cpu past it’s limits. Delete or shutdown all other apps before flight.
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me I was wondering if the Mini2 was OK, but lots on here use them, that why I got one!! there is nothing else on the mini 2, I purposely got this to do exactly that, no mail no Google or Facebook etc, but still say CPU Fully loaded..Have to have a look at updating then..

Thanks again Len

Reactions: Capt KO
I’ve also heard others using the mini 2 with success. Don’t know if CPU’s slow with age or what. They are borderline at best. Hope someone using a 2 will add more advice.
Good luck.

Don’t know about the knowledge test. Hope you pass. ?
Saw it once, long ago, and it never came back.

Reactions: Lenj
I’ve also heard others using the mini 2 with success. Don’t know if CPU’s slow with age or what. They are borderline at best. Hope someone using a 2 will add more advice.
Good luck.

Don’t know about the knowledge test. Hope you pass. ?
Saw it once, long ago, and it never came back.
Hi,

I have already passed my test, this keeps coming up!!!!

Are you running the latest firmware and App? Seems to fix most of the Test problems. Others using tricks they found through trial and error. Start the drone first then the remote. Or turnoff the WiFi then reboot remote. Found these by Google.

Hiya all,

I have this iPad mini2 32gb nothing else on this purely for the drone....and every time I start up this DJI Knowledge quiz come up and I can't escape it to remove, this sometime comes up just when I am ready to take off and can't see the screen, is there anyway to remove for ever!!! not good when you are about to take off and have to abort..

2nd question when stating up I get the message Mobile device CPU fully loaded related performance will be affected..

Thanks all stay safe Len
Ya, a mini 2 is borderline at best. I stopped using my mini 2 because of the exact problem that you are experiencing. The DJI Go app is now power hungry and the mini 2 just doesn’t have the capacity to run it adequately.
As for the quiz,,, I only had it pop up once. It never came back.

Reactions: Lenj and Capt KO
Are you running the latest firmware and App? Seems to fix most of the Test problems. Others using tricks they found through trial and error. Start the drone first then the remote. Or turnoff the WiFi then reboot remote. Found these by Google.

Hi,

Yes running latest firmwares and as stated, no programs purely got this for the Drone.. I will try as you said, but if the CPU is over run, I should really upgrade to a 4 or 5, although if this has a problem with Mini 2, might look at something else..
Not sure why this Test keeps coming up, we can't fly here now until you take the test, which I have done. I don't like the way it comes up when powered up and ready to go, just a coincidence I think, but when that message comes up so does the over loaded CPU message!!!!! I have tried to take the test to hopefully get rid of it, but when I try it says FILES NOT FOUND!!!

Thx Len

Hiya all,

Thanks all stay safe Len

"Random quizzes" is 90% the reason I use legacy firmware and legacy apps. At least half my work is away from Internet and Cell service. I was told ONCE on a JOB that I "need to login to DJI mothership." Once all the cursing died down I was able to simply grab my spare bird and fly. Somehow, DJI had snuck in an update and there's your quiz. Since then I have taken extra steps to insure that never happens again. That was about 2 years ago, so I guess it's working.

D

"Random quizzes" is 90% the reason I use legacy firmware and legacy apps. At least half my work is away from Internet and Cell service. I was told ONCE on a JOB that I "need to login to DJI mothership." Once all the cursing died down I was able to simply grab my spare bird and fly. Somehow, DJI had snuck in an update and there's your quiz. Since then I have taken extra steps to insure that never happens again. That was about 2 years ago, so I guess it's working.

D

Hi,

Its not random 90% quizzes, its every time I start up, I thought if I did one, they would go away, but when I click on them file not found, it's a tad worrying when you start up and are about to fly then the quiz comes up blanking the screen, DJI should remove this..

Stay safe Len

Hi,

Its not random 90% quizzes, its every time I start up, I thought if I did one, they would go away, but when I click on them file not found, it's a tad worrying when you start up and are about to fly then the quiz comes up blanking the screen, DJI should remove this..

Stay safe Len

That sounds maddening. Unfortunately, the only answer is legacy firmware and software. Problems solved.

App: v4.0.8
Aircraft: v1.3.509
Remote: v01.04.01.00
Precise Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04
Basic Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04

D

Hiya all,

So I have literally just got a new iPad 5 today, not just for the drone, but I will also use it for this ..Is there anything special I should do - turn off etc?? Hoping this quiz will now stop coming up, as I dread this might happen mid flight, already happened on the old iPad 2 just taken off and had to abandon flight..Has DJI updated the software DJI GO... without us knowing?? Can DJI do something about this, as I feel this could be dangerous to a newbie...

Stay safe Len

Hiya all,

So I have literally just got a new iPad 5 today, not just for the drone, but I will also use it for this ..Is there anything special I should do - turn off etc?? Hoping this quiz will now stop coming up, as I dread this might happen mid flight, already happened on the old iPad 2 just taken off and had to abandon flight..Has DJI updated the software DJI GO... without us knowing?? Can DJI do something about this, as I feel this could be dangerous to a newbie...

Stay safe Len

Well...this is the opposite direction of the advice I gave. Please let us know how it works out. If you can get rid of quizzes by UPDATING software, then you're a better man than I am. Please share your secret.

D

Well...this is the opposite direction of the advice I gave. Please let us know how it works out. If you can get rid of quizzes by UPDATING software, then you're a better man than I am. Please share your secret.

D

Hi,
I have only just got this iPad5 mini, I needed to try it out first to see if the Quiz problem has been rectified, which I can confirm has clearly not. Yes, I really do appreciate your advice about the programs you use, but I do not know this program/s or where to get it, nor have I heard of anyone else on here using or talking about it, it's all new to me..

There is a potential danger here especially to Newbies, the ex H&S in me says I need to find the answers..

Stay safe Len

Hi,
I have only just got this iPad5 mini, I needed to try it out first to see if the Quiz problem has been rectified, which I can confirm has clearly not. Yes, I really do appreciate your advice about the programs you use, but I do not know this program/s or where to get it, nor have I heard of anyone else on here using or talking about it, it's all new to me..

There is a potential danger here especially to Newbies, the ex H&S in me says I need to find the answers..

Stay safe Len

So I'm going to revert back to my original advice, which is to use legacy firmware and software. And you are correct. It's not "plug-n-play." You'll have to do research and diligence is a must. I've spent HOURS on this stuff. I posted working versions, which will save you hours of R&D. I'll save you more time:

* Legacy apps require legacy iOS which will require a legacy iPad. Any Lightning™ interface iPad running iOS 12 should work. I prefer the Air Pro 32GB WiFi version.
* To install legacy apps you will need iTunes version v12.5.4.42 and a PC running Windows 7 or 10.
* Installing legacy FW on the P4P is much easier than the Inspire 1. Use DUMLdore. I used v3.0.

When they said all you had to do was buy a drone and get some jobs, they lied.

Good luck

D

Last edited:
So I'm going to revert back to my original advice, which is to use legacy firmware and software. And you are correct. It's not "plug-n-play." You'll have to do research and diligence is a must. I've spent HOURS on this stuff. I posted working versions, which will save you hours of R&D. I'll save you more time:

* Legacy apps require legacy iOS which will require a legacy iPad. Any Lightning™ interface iPad running iOS 12 should work. I prefer the Air Pro 32GB WiFi version.
* To install legacy apps you will need iTunes version v12.5.4.42 and a PC running Windows 7 or 10.
* Installing legacy FW on the P4P is much easier than the Inspire 1. Use DUMLdore. I used v3.0.

When they said all you had to do was buy a drone and get some jobs, they lied.

Good luck

D
You lost me, I am 73 later this year, I would need a degree to follow all that, I am not much up on computers, but thanks for showing what to do, it's much appreciated

Stay safe Len

Hi all,

Just a quick update, at last I think I have got rid of the quiz, I hope it will not come back anymore..
The problem as you know started a few weeks ago on my Apple iPad mini 2 also my iPhone 8 and an old Samsung tablet.. I got rid of the Mini2 and got the iPad mini 5 and yes it also came up with the quiz. I thought I would give the Samsung another go, and yes this came up with quiz, however, as usual I tried the quiz and it usually goes into the error message, but this time it let me complete the quiz and guess what?? It cleared it on the ipad mini 5 and the iphone 8 so all working now.
I hope that this is the last of these quizzes..Watch this space..!!!

Thanks for all the input, it’s very much appreciated.

Stay safe Len

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.