DJI Pro vs DJI Pro+

Reaction score
The only difference I could see seems to be the screen on the remote? $300 for a screen? It would have to be a heck of a nice screen. I've got a couple old cell phones that would work very well.

On the other hand, if it's really bright or hooks up better or folds into the remote or perhaps I'm missing some other advantage? Maybe it's worth the extra?

What do you guys think? Is the PLUS worth the extra $$$?

The only difference I could see seems to be the screen on the remote?
The only differences are the built-in screen and the ports on the back of the remote controller. With the P4P+, you'll also have an HDMI output and a Micro SD card slot. So, you're really getting a super bright screen for $200 and a modified version of the HDMI output module (sold at $100).

RC.png

The P4P+ screen does fold into the controller, it doesnt have any cables, and the controller has hdmi out. Just the hdmi out function alone is worth $100 since that is how much the board to add the functionality to a P4 or P3 costs. Also the screen is reportedly much much brighter, more than twice as bright as my iPad Pro 9.7" which until now had the brightest screen for flying a Phantom that I knew about. Also the P4P+ display is optimized for use with the Phantom 4 Pro, meaning it has less latency. If you are on the fence, or just want to wait and see you could always buy a crystalsky monitor when they are released. There will be a larger 7.85" crystalsky monitor available which will be twice as bright as the current Phantom 4 Pro + monitor and will feature swappable battery packs that are designed to be used even in extreme cold up to -4 degrees Fahrenheit.

The pro+ screen has 1000 nits, means almost twice as bright as your iPhone. That's a good to have feature on bright day light and you may not need bulky unmanageable sun shades.

I hardly look at the screen while flying so it does not have much advantageous to me but use cases are different for others. One who uses VR goggles may not need technically all these gimmicks. But $300 may not be a high price to get it upgraded to pro +

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

AND the new osylink connection sounds better a picture more stable to greater distance, without that screen roll you get currently with lighbridge as its changing channels...
Use goggles if you want brightness on a sunny day, but a twice as bright screen is obviously an advantage

Personally I rather spend £100 on a 10" tablet, may not be as bright but if I can see the pic then to me personally that's all that matters. Rather go for a big screen over a brighter screen any day[emoji6]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yup I like my 7inch asus nexus nice and bright bigger than a telephone only £120 in argos, where do you stick you're 10 incher?

excellent well done, there is a 12inch one now, wonder if that would fit or best on a tripod....

Looking for a little clarification. What ports does the P4P remote have vs. P4p+? Can someone post a comparison photo Please? What are the two remote controller differences? Are there accessories you can add to the remotes? Thanks for your input.....

Alan

The P4P remote controller has a USB port and a micro USB port. The micro USB port has no documented use. The HDMI output module can be installed if you need an HDMI output.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic