DJI Pilot App - Android Fail - Anyone with similar issues?...Any solutions?

Reaction score
I have been using Phantom 3 and RC unit with latest firmware from DJI. I use a Galaxy Note 4 as display and DJI Pilot App unit (unrooted), with latest Samsung firmware as well.

Everytime I try to go live streaming or try to upload a video directly from the Director button on the DJI Pilot App, it opens a standard Google window asking for permission to access network, media, etc.

The issue comes when I click on "Agree / OK" button...it freezes for 3 seconds or so and it goes back to the Director screen and no matter how many times I hit agree on the Google "permission" to access window it just goes back.

I have'nt been able to live stream or upload directly from the app.

Who has had this type or similar problem out there in our forums?

Have you been able to fix this? Is it fixable or is it just an innate problem with the Galaxy Note 4?

Thanks all!

I have been using Phantom 3 and RC unit with latest firmware from DJI. I use a Galaxy Note 4 as display and DJI Pilot App unit (unrooted), with latest Samsung firmware as well.
Not sure if you know, but you have to enable streaming on your youtube account.
Everytime I try to go live streaming or try to upload a video directly from the Director button on the DJI Pilot App, it opens a standard Google window asking for permission to access network, media, etc.

The issue comes when I click on "Agree / OK" button...it freezes for 3 seconds or so and it goes back to the Director screen and no matter how many times I hit agree on the Google "permission" to access window it just goes back.

I have'nt been able to live stream or upload directly from the app.

Who has had this type or similar problem out there in our forums?

Have you been able to fix this? Is it fixable or is it just an innate problem with the Galaxy Note 4?

Thanks all!

I have been using the Note 4 for about 10 days now. No problems or crashes. Probably need a bit more info to help you out. Can you fly the bird at all?

I run the app to control the chopper and then store video and pictures on the SD card in the gimbal. I then remove the SD card from the gimbal slot after the flight and upload to Youtube or save to my computer. I do not use the Pilot app for saving, editing, or anything except flight. Pretty sure others do, maybe they can help you, but I have no problems with my Note 4 (AT&T) crashing at all.

Last edited:
I have a Note 3 and Nexus 7 running Pilot app v1.2. Same thing with me. I cannot upload a video directly from the app. I get the google permissions screen, then a screen asking which Youtube account I want to upload it to. I click one and then I get a screen with the choices to upload later or upload. I click upload and it takes me back to the google permissions screen again. I figured that I was making some newbie mistake and would look into it later.

You guys need to access your youtube account and allow for streaming through youtube
Yes. In fact I have live events enabled in YouTube. The Google permissions screen always comes up, no matter how many times you agree to it. Obviously, I also use the mini sd card with adapter and connect it to laptop for downloads, but I was trying to play with the Director (DJI Pilot app) to try to upload videos into YouTube, but to no avail. Also, tried to do the live streaming thing and got the same results.

Any thoughts or possible solutions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I have a Note 3 and Nexus 7 running Pilot app v1.2. Same thing with me. I cannot upload a video directly from the app. I get the google permissions screen, then a screen asking which Youtube account I want to upload it to. I click one and then I get a screen with the choices to upload later or upload. I click upload and it takes me back to the google permissions screen again. I figured that I was making some newbie mistake and would look into it later.
Hi...thanks for your comments. I see you have same problem, not only with Note 4, but with Nexus 7. I wonder if this is an app problem specifically related to these brands/models.

I enabled live streaming events on YouTube, as per recommendations on this thread, but still, if I access my Pilot app on my Note 4 and try to upload anyone of my videos saved on the app, I get same results: hit upload...google permission screen...hit ok....and it just goes back to the upload screen. If you click on "upload" again, the process repeats itself.

I have been using the Note 4 for about 10 days now. No problems or crashes. Probably need a bit more info to help you out. Can you fly the bird at all?

I run the app to control the chopper and then store video and pictures on the SD card in the gimbal. I then remove the SD card from the gimbal slot after the flight and upload to Youtube or save to my computer. I do not use the Pilot app for saving, editing, or anything except flight. Pretty sure others do, maybe they can help you, but I have no problems with my Note 4 (AT&T) crashing at all.

I do the same thing. I download everything from mini sd card into laptop / pc and no problem. The bird flies well, no problem at all. I cannot recall the exact error message, but it is something like "google...something...something...not responding".
And even though I hit ok on the screen, the app itself does not crash or closes on me. So probably it crashes but then it restarts somehow (I'm guessing!!).

After reading DJI's memo about bad MicroSD connectors, I NEVER remove my 64GB MicroSD card. Instead, I cable the microUSB on the camera to my PC and manage files on it directly. (like a flying thumb-drive... but don't try while flying - you'd need a really long cable! Props off, P3 powered-on, and the SD card should appear as a removable drive with a drive letter in 'My Computer').

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub