DJI Go app no camera view, link RC problems, update RC problems, POOR DJI SUPPORT

Reaction score
Hello guys !! I have a lots of problems with my Phantom 3. I had around 3 months off from flying and recently I back to work and upgrade my firmware to v1.9.60. Also my Dji Go app was automatically updated to latest version. I use Galaxy Note 4 smartphone.

My problem are:
- I cannot even get into Dji Go app. It showes me "How to connect" instead of "Camera view" My temporary workaround: I installed Dji Go app from last year and .....now I can get inside !! (It means that new Dji Go app doesn't work with Android marshmallow?..no idea..no explanation from DJI
- I cannot update firmware on my RC. I put new firmware on my USB stick and plugged in to USB port ......nothing happend (I tried 3 different stickers
- I cannot link Remote Controllers...when I tried it showes me "Confirm Frequency Settings" ....click "Agree"....and ...nothing happens...I even tried do that manually...pushed 3 buttons on my RC...got blue flash lightning and "put a pointy something in the reset button" of a drone......that also does not work !!

What's going on with DJI ??? I'm so dissapointed ...peoples have so many problems with that equipment? ....oh yeah I forgot to mentioned problems with tilt horizon as well...... Why there is no straight help from DJI tech support? Is there only solution to send our drones to China ??? I'm thinking to sell my Phantom 3 .... seriously.....but I'm affraid who will be interested to buy faulty device ????!!!!! Are these drones selling as an "experimental problematic and construction kit" or "ready to fly" devices?

Main problem seems to be with the FW on RC. Let us know the different versions you have.

551319edf437dfcb331cfe0a423ab7fb_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Looks like your out of date on everything. I would suggest you place FW version 1.03.0020 on your usb stick and retry the RC upgrade. Then reinstall the latest Go App. Then you can proceed to upgrade further if you choose. You will be able to upgrade the RC thru the app from there on forward.

I put FW version 1.03.0020 on my usb stick and retried the RC upgrade.......nothing happend !! still the same......

Przechwytywanie.GIF

IMG_8184.JPG

IMG_8183.JPG

I put FW version 1.03.0020 on my usb stick and retried the RC upgrade.......nothing happend !! still the same......

View attachment 62132
View attachment 62133
View attachment 62134
It could be possible that you are on the latest version 1.6.0. already.
Have you tried another USB cord? It is possible that there could be a issue with your,device or bad USB port on the controller.
What was the last known FW on the AC? Have you upgraded it as well to the latest?

It's completly weird...I've made only couple of flights since last year......Phantom 3 is in perfect condition...never had any problems at all....
Yes, I tried 4 different pendrives....no way that it's device or usb issue....how could it be........I bet it's something wrong with FW / Android OS ...somehow stucked in wrong state inside RC......
Aircraft and RC were worked fine till upgraded AC to latest firmware.....also DJI Go app gone after updated to latest one......
.....it makes me crazy !!! spent around 10 hours trying to figured out what's happend.... cannot find fix on that on Internet...and no support from DJI :(((

Last edited:
It's completly weird...I've made only couple of flights since last year......Phantom 3 is in perfect condition...never had any problems at all....
Yes, I tried 4 different pendrives....no way that it's device or usb issue....how could it be........I bet it's something wrong with FW / Android OS ...somehow stucked in wrong state inside RC......
Aircraft and RC were worked fine till upgraded AC to latest firmware.....also DJI Go app gone after updated to latest one......
.....it makes me crazy !!! spent around 10 hours trying to figured out what's happend.... cannot find fix on that on Internet...and no support from DJI :(((
Here is a thread that may help.

Professional - DJI Go app won't connect to RC after updated to1.3.2

....I went through "Professional - DJI Go app won't connect to RC after updated to1.3.2" topic.....unfortunately ...still the same....tried couple of tricks
- I figured out that my RC is GL300A
- tried another pendrive (8GB/FAT32) and tried with P3X_FW_V01.09.0060 and P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 ....nothing happend ..still my RC cannot move on
- I tried connect another device (Samsung Galaxy tabS2) this time....downloaded latest DJO GO app.....and......the same....there is no "camera view" option
- I also switched to developers mode...and set debugging USB mode....and set as a "MIDI" ......still nothing ......

What a crap product they released...have no words to express my dissapointment.....

....I went through "Professional - DJI Go app won't connect to RC after updated to1.3.2" topic.....unfortunately ...still the same....tried couple of tricks
- I figured out that my RC is GL300A
- tried another pendrive (8GB/FAT32) and tried with P3X_FW_V01.09.0060 and P3X_FW_V01.03.0020 ....nothing happend ..still my RC cannot move on
- I tried connect another device (Samsung Galaxy tabS2) this time....downloaded latest DJO GO app.....and......the same....there is no "camera view" option
- I also switched to developers mode...and set debugging USB mode....and set as a "MIDI" ......still nothing ......

What a crap product they released...have no words to express my dissapointment.....
Sorry for you.

I read your posts at least 2 times but I am asking me if the connection between the remote control and the P3 is ok or not. Go app is not working as it should, this is sure. It is possible to enter in the camera view when it is greyed and
With everything off (P3, RC, tablet) and USB cable not connected.
If you power on the RC you get the left LED on the RC as RED.
If you power on the P3 (I assume that it start-up correctly), the left LED on RC turn GREEN or stay RED?
If it turn GREEN and you move the left stick (mode 2 assumed) left and right, does the camera move a little left and right?

If this is the case, then the issue is more of the connection between the RC and the App. If the app is downgraded severely, then there is great chance that it cannot communicate in full with your RC.
Best would be to start with the version of the App that was available at the date of the version you expect to have on the RC and not a too old one.

Some other possibilities:

Did you have Android 6 on your tablet and using also some other application with the P3 like Lichi ? Maybe the default application of the USB connection event is not the GO app and you would need to reset the default application for that event.

On my tab S, if I turn on the remote control, launch the app with the USB cable in place, it is charging but the go app is not really connected to the remote control.
As you it remain greyed with How to connect.
If I turn on the P3, usually, nothing change in the app, remain the same.
Now if I disconnect the USB and reconnect it, it show me the dialog to select what app to use by default and I select GO for one time (I have also Litchi and some others).
In the Go app it shows now the CAMERA button with blue background and then all goes fine.

On my Tab S2, (updated to Android 6) it work in a similar way but Android changed the way an event is launched in response to an event. There is no option to use only one time and it is always set as default after you select it (the dialog don't pop out the next time). If you had selected another app than Go one time (Litchi in my case), then the next time you try to connect, it is the other app that is called. Maybe your issue could be related to that. If nothing pops out when you connect the USB, try to check what default applications are set.

Hello,
Answering your questions...
If you power on the P3 (I assume that it start-up correctly), the left LED on RC turn GREEN or stay RED? ...YES
If it turn GREEN and you move the left stick (mode 2 assumed) left and right, does the camera move a little left and right? ...YES

What I did recently:

1. Tried with DJO GO app v 1.0.7 ...Camera View OK ...but is still disconnected
2. Tried with DJO GO app v 1.2.0 ...Camera View OK ...but is still disconnected
3. Tried with DJO GO app v 2.4.2 ...Camera View NOT OK ...and is still disconnected

IMG_8185.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8187.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

I forgot to mention that I use only DJI GO app.....no Litchi...first I would need to buy one :)
...still I haven't received any answer or support to my mail from DJI company .... I don't know what to do next?

As your remote control seems to operate correctly and can connect to the P3 at least it is a start.

Do you know more or less what version of firmware you have last updated to the P3 or when you have done it?
The best would to try with a version of Go app that was not older than the firmware and as close as possible. Also probably better to uninstall the app and erase all related folders (if you have not sync your flight logs files to DJI cloud and you they are important for you, then maybe you can save them for later.

1. Tried with DJO GO app v 1.0.7 ...Camera View OK ...but is still disconnected
2. Tried with DJO GO app v 1.2.0 ...Camera View OK ...but is still disconnected
3. Tried with DJO GO app v 2.4.2 ...Camera View NOT OK ...and is still disconnected
"Camera View OK" is with a blue background (real link) or with a grey background (it remains it has connected) ?

I have a same effect depending on the sequence I start the app. It always work when I hear the USB connection sound and see the pop-out windows to ask me which application to choose. Then I got the CAMERA VIEW with a blue background. If it is greyed, I can enter in camera view, but it is black screen and I don't have info from the P3, only what is stored in the app.

I made a big mistake updating my P3 to the latest firmware I think...but how could I know??...I could left previous one...well....I did both (DJI GO app and P3 firmware) update around week ago thinking that it necessary action. I have no idea what was the previous version of P3 / DJO Go ap firmware...I haven't changed both since couple of months.....had a fly divorce with my drone..mentioned before.
Talking about.....""Camera View OK" is with a blue background (real link) or with a grey background (it remains it has connected)" .......depends of which version of DJI GO you use....if we talk f.e. about v1.0.7 it takes you straight to the app without "Camera View OK"....................it shouldn'y be so complicated as it is for now.....imagine that drones are more and more popular nowadays...... so I blame DJI company for selling so problematic and uncompatibile product and usually leave prosumers with no support........should I be advanced technician to be able to use DJI dones and shuffle firmwares ....pendrives.....cables....ect. ? I don't think so....and it's selling as READY TO FLY drone...that's ridiculous !!

Was the update of the P3 and RC successful ?

That's the point...PS3 was updated successful,,,RC not even let me to update.....see my first post above "I cannot update firmware on my RC. I put new firmware on my USB stick and plugged in to USB port ......nothing happend (I tried 3 different stickers)"

You have the old but good GL-300A that originally was updated via a USB stick. From firmware version 1.3.20 comes with the Go App (was Pilot app before), it comes possible to update the RC directly from the GO app but the RC had to be to that version. That was why is would be good to know what was the last update done. If it was end of last year, the correct way now is through the GO app.
You can try this:
1) Uninstall GO app and clean folders:
- DJI/dji.pilot folder content to be deleted. Warning folder DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord contains your flight records. If you saved them to DJI cloud or don't care of them, just erase them too.
- Delete folder Android/data/dji.pilot/cache
2) Restart your tablet
3) Reinstall DJI GO app
4) Start the GO app do see if it is ok and probably you will have to login with your DJI account.
5) Restart your tablet, don't launch GO app now
6) Turn ON only the RC, not the P3. Left status LED on RC should be RED.
7) Connect the USB cable to the tablet.
8) The GO app should start automatically or you should get a box to ask you what application to use, select the GO app.
9) It will show the Inspire page, change to the Phantom page (will be 4), by me I have the CAMERA button with grey background, press the button.
10) You will get black screen with NO SIGNAL in red at top, press it show AIRCRAFT STATUS page.
11) At top right there should be a button FIRMWARE UPGRADE or similar (cannot reproduce and have to use my memory), press it.
12) There should be instruction to update the firmware of the RC if needed.
Then you can check after closing the status in the General Settings / About what version is present.
With the P3 off you should just see the App 2.8.3 and RC with 1.6.0.
Turn on the P3 and then you should also see the P3 1.9.60 and the serial number of your flight controller.
Funny is that on mine I just see that I need to exit the camera mode and enter again to see the P3 firmware version.

Good source of if are:

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
The Firmware section should have the best compilation about firmware upgrade.

DJI web site: Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI
Especially the "How to Update the Firmware V1.4" pdf and "Phantom 3 Professional Release Note".

You can try this:
- DJI/dji.pilot folder content to be deleted. Warning folder DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord contains your flight records. If you saved them to DJI cloud or don't care of them, just erase them too. DONE
- Delete folder Android/data/dji.pilot/cache DONE
2) Restart your tablet DONE
3) Reinstall DJI GO app DONE
4) Start the GO app do see if it is ok and probably you will have to login with your DJI account. I DIDN'T HAVE TO LOGIN
5) Restart your tablet, don't launch GO app now DONE
6) Turn ON only the RC, not the P3. Left status LED on RC should be RED. DONE
7) Connect the USB cable to the tablet. DONE
8) The GO app should start automatically or you should get a box to ask you what application to use, select the GO app. DJI GO DIDN'T START AUTOMATICALLY. I HAD TO START IT.
9) It will show the Inspire page, change to the Phantom page (will be 4), by me I have the CAMERA button with grey background, press the button. .....NO CAMERA BUTTON...ONLY HOW TO CONNECT !!!

You can try this:
- DJI/dji.pilot folder content to be deleted. Warning folder DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord contains your flight records. If you saved them to DJI cloud or don't care of them, just erase them too. DONE
- Delete folder Android/data/dji.pilot/cache DONE
2) Restart your tablet DONE
3) Reinstall DJI GO app DONE
4) Start the GO app do see if it is ok and probably you will have to login with your DJI account. I DIDN'T HAVE TO LOGIN
5) Restart your tablet, don't launch GO app now DONE
6) Turn ON only the RC, not the P3. Left status LED on RC should be RED. DONE
7) Connect the USB cable to the tablet. DONE
8) The GO app should start automatically or you should get a box to ask you what application to use, select the GO app. DJI GO DIDN'T START AUTOMATICALLY. I HAD TO START IT.
9) It will show the Inspire page, change to the Phantom page (will be 4), by me I have the CAMERA button with grey background, press the button. .....NO CAMERA BUTTON...ONLY HOW TO CONNECT !!!

8) is possibly your issue. Somehow your tablet didn't properly detect the USB connection and launch the GO app. On my tablet (Marshmallow too), it takes between 1 to 5 seconds to see the GO app.
The GO app should take control of the USB otherwise it run but it don't see the RC. I had the same if you run the GO app in before connecting to the RC and you cancel the app selection when the USB is plugged. The GO app is on screen but the CAMERA button is grayed and then I got black screen.

Did you have the possibility to try to use another USB cable ? That's one possible fault.
Then try to repeat steps 4), 6) - 12)

You already tried using another phone. Could be also good to recheck with new cable and another phone not using Marshmallow (< Android 6) where you can see the "Select application" pop-up windows when you connect the USB.

For the phone, maybe check what are the default application, from home screen go to settings and Application - Default Applications - Set as default. The GO app should be in the list and you can try to Clear it as default. Try to search an app that would also use the USB connection and clear it as default.

You have already set the Debugger mode for USB in Post #9, maybe you can recheck if set.

In post #9 you write: "- I also switched to developers mode...and set debugging USB mode....and set as a "MIDI" ......still nothing ......"
Maybe you should set it back to "Charging" if your phone has not done it on its own. On mine, when connected with the P3, the USB is set to Charging. If I change it from the status bar, "Connected to a USB accessory" from Charging to MIDI, the connection in GO app broke. But if I restart the GO app, it goes back to charging and I can connect. On some other forum I see a guy saying about using MTP with a Phantom 4, but I think the app set the mode.

The RC could be also defective. I had a similar issue when I have done an antenna mod. I broke a connector for a flat cable that goes to the USB PCB. Then I had no charge of the RC and no connection possible but the RC remains functional with the P3. As I have 2 RC, the troubleshooting was easy.

Another point is in your post #10, you indicate that the camera is moving when you move the left stick and in post #11, the status LED of RC was green but the connection LED on the P3 was RED. When you took the picture of the P3 status LED, was the RC powered ON ? If the RC is ON and linked, both status LED should be green. If it is not linked then the RC should have been RED so it is somehow contradictory.

Reading all the thread, I would say that what would be a single failure scenario is the RC or the USB cable. But there are a lot of other possibilities and combination of faults.

I tried few things today...wasted another 2 hours....no success....DJI company respond to my email ........<<<Dear Sir, this is the Recommended Devices (list of devices)>>>> ................that's all........the're amazing...what a support !!!............................. I give up.....it's ridiculous.....I'm not a magician...will not shuffle hunderds of FWs and apps.....and waste time day after day.....................Thank you so much DJI....truly amazing......and all happend after recommended update of AC and RC firmwares.....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20