DJI Pilot App 1.1.2 for iOS is out!

were you running firmware 1.1.8 before? seems like 1.1.9 is the problem... not sure..
No I was using the new 1.1.9 firmware. I just flew yesterday afternoon Flew out a mile or so with very smooth video. No lag. I am a little concerned that now it is very laggy. Even after landing I noticed the video was laggy and kept refreshing.

From a development standpoint much easier and simpler to update IOS apps. That's why we'll see these faster than Android.

No I was using the new 1.1.9 firmware. I just flew yesterday afternoon Flew out a mile or so with very smooth video. No lag. I am a little concerned that now it is very laggy. Even after landing I noticed the video was laggy and kept refreshing.
If you enable hardware decode it gets a little better but still steps and pixelates... :/
I was in a chat with a dji representative, and he advised me to wait for the next firmware upgrade, he says it usually takes about 2 weeks after de last fw update. they also told me to try with a different device but I just have ipad mini 3 3g 64gb A7 processor.

Last edited:
So some are reporting very smooth and two with IPad mini are reporting very choppy. Those that were smooth what are you guys using? Air 2? I have 12 more days I can return this air 2 and I have not been impressed with it compared to my shield so far. Can't even stream to shou without it lagging badly.

If you enable hardware decode it gets a little better but still steps and pixelates... :/
I was in a chat with a dji representative, and he advised me to wait for the next firmware upgrade, he says it usually takes about 2 weeks after de last fw update. they also told me to try with a different device but I just have ipad mini 3 3g 64gb A7 processor.

Take a video show us! Someone will able to help you

Reactions: QuikSilver15
Hey let the apple crew bug test for us Androiders... :)
Now if I recall we had the app first and the IOS was a weebit late.
Now it's our turn I guess.

I've noticed the new pilot app shows a menu when it's RTH. It's right in the middle of the screen and I don't like it. Is there a way other than hitting cancel to move it or minimize it?

The Android App Specs: Release Date First week of June.

1: POI (**)
2: Set Home Point
3: Real Time Flight Record
4: Help Documentation and Video Tutorials
5: Photography Mode (P3 Professional Only) (**) (***)
6: Follow Me Mode (**)
7: Multiple Experience Improvements and Bug Fixes

ISO not Available Options till Mid September (**)
Phantom Professional Only (***)

Source: www.DJI.com/Devs/DevoTeam/Private/P3./file38766.xml

How does this explain why the Android app was out first and those with iOS had to wait at launch?
It doesn't but it's 100% true. Testing all possible apple device configurations for bugs/compatability: Easy.
Testing all Android device configurations: Haha I don't think anyone has done that yet. But testing the more popular ones is a an undertaking in itself. That's why iOS is typically a priority for developers.

What COULD explain the delay in in the Phantom3 version release...
-that there were two different teams and one was late
-Didn't pass apple review (quality or specification issue)
-who gives a ****.

The Android App Specs: Release Date First week of June.

1: POI (**)
2: Set Home Point
3: Real Time Flight Record
4: Help Documentation and Video Tutorials
5: Photography Mode (P3 Professional Only) (**) (***)
6: Follow Me Mode (**)
7: Multiple Experience Improvements and Bug Fixes

ISO not Available Options till Mid September (**)
Phantom Professional Only (***)

Source: www.DJI.com/Devs/DevoTeam/Private/P3./file38766.xml
Link didn't work

Hows everyone with a mini 2 or 3s getting on with the new App update, still trying to decide if to download it or not and heard people having problems with laggy video and a on screen menu popping up when RTH is activated, can it be turned off, don't fancy a menu blocking my screen when its flying home in RTH. I had App auto update turned of in case there was problems with any App updates.

Reactions: vinnnocc
well today i tryed out the new ios update on my ipad mini 2.

some new problems
ipad heats up. (nothing else running no case on)
video kinda laggy but only at 1500ft away
image.jpg when i hit RTH you do get the massage on the screen. then goes away but then comes back.

Just took the bird for a 8,000ft out spin on the new iOS app. Not a single disconnect and the video feed was stable and crisp. WooHoo!

Congrats! What tab or device you using? Also, do you have hardware decode on? Lastly is your FPV stream 4mpbs or 6mbps?

Rocejo,
I'm using n iPhone 6+ on the latest pilot app. I do have hardware decode turned on. My fav stream was set to auto. So I'm not sure the bandwidth I was pulling from the bird. Never ran into any lag or poor signal. I'll upload the map/ route soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic