DJI Phantom III standard. Gimbal overload.

Reaction score
The other day I encountered some problems with the gimbal while the drone was in the air. Suddenly the camera started pointing down and I couldn't tilt it up with the RC dial tilt button. Got a "gimbal overload" message in DJI-GO. Checked it and noticed that two (the ones without plastic pins) of the white plastic worm-like things that holds the gimbal/camera had lost grip so the whole thing was unbalanced.

Been scanning the internet for solutions and find a couple of things I've checked. Like if the cables were off or if it had became misaligned. I couldn't find anything that appears to be wrong or broken on it.

When I start the drone the camera moves sideways but can't tilt. There's a buzzing noise when I move the drone. The camera becomes very hot.

I've been trying with some regular adjustments and checks on You Tube and various DJI forums. Been trying with 4 different Firmware. Been adjusting the gimbal from the app - It can only move sideways.
Starting to become desperate and about to send it to repair to DJI, or consider buying a new one - which I guess is about the same price from what I've read.
Before I do that I need to ask if there's anyone here that had the same problem and managed to solve it.
If so, please let me know how.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. Appears to have coincided with the recent firmware update. Going to take a better look tonight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl