DJI Phantom 4 PRO PLUS V.2 Drunken horizon

Reaction score
Having been filming weddings most weekends this summer suddenly my trusty P4P v2 has developed a serious horizon issue. I tried gimbal re cal a IMU and also DJI assistance calibration, nothing has helped.
Has anyone had and resolved this problem?
Any help appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

looks like you inadvertently changed to FPV, but then it doesn't recover. Hmmmm
looks like you inadvertently changed to FPV, but then it doesn't recover. Hmmmm
Thanks for the reply. I have tried going back and fourth from FPV to Follow several times and no fix. Strangely when its in FPV mode it snaps back to a level horizon very quickly.!

If you hand hold the drone and move it around, does the gimbal hold the horizon??? If not, I would check your gain curves. I don't own a P4P V2, but this just looks like a gimbal gain curve issue to me. Don't ask me where this option exists in software. I would start with the Camera icon in the app.

Also, with the drone off, I would check to see if there's any restriction in the gimbal's roll axis. I might guess that there's a piece of grass or something stuck in the roll motor slowing down the gimbal.

D

In the end I had to send it to DJI Netherlands. I got absolutely fantastic service, they replaced both Pitch-axis Motor and Phantom 4 Roll Motor. I had it back within a week and it cost me 70 euros with delivery.
Super pleased.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic