dji phantom 4 pro forward vision sensor issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone there, Im new here and im sorry that im bothering you..
i would be so grateful if some one can help me with my dji phantom 4 pro forward vision sensor calibration error, i have many times calibrated it with my computer and all goes great and after I go to fly for a test when Im on the air less then a minute then it gives forward vision sensor calibration error again, please any idea?
thank you in advance

It is possible, but when o switch on all OS good and everything is normal and when I go for a test and I fly it then it gives eror, at home 7 calibrate IT with PC and all successful... I don't know what else to do

Welcome and I bother people aswell ha,
Sunlight can effect too but I dont think you will get a error prompt, mayby try a imu calibration, see if that helps,not sure but might correct abnormal activity....mine needed doing for ages but just left them off,,only good at low level house and tree height,,at height flying into sunlight can sometimes make the drone stop cause it cant see and give you backing up prompt or similar,,your drone will go bit faster too with these off,,,is it new,,its possible they could be faulty and warranty might cover repair,,if not I'd just turn them off till a fix is found,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MTO
thank you Ianzone for your kind support, i have done IMU caleb, compas and here in finland unfortunaly we dont have much sun it is cold and even we had snow today.

thank you Ianzone for your kind support, i have done IMU caleb, compas and here in finland unfortunaly we dont have much sun it is cold and even we had snow today.
Ah ok chilly,6% here at moment sun just coming up,,have seen in the past many having issues with OA. Personally I would turn them off if your confidence when flying is ok,there's many utube clips of calibration of vision sensors but yours is successful so they could be playing games,,the plastic cover on them been removed ay ,,hopefully someone might post a fix ,you can replace them but means going inside the drone to change them,,best of luck

i would be so grateful if some one can help me with my dji phantom 4 pro forward vision sensor calibration error, i have many times calibrated it with my computer and all goes great and after I go to fly for a test when Im on the air less then a minute then it gives forward vision sensor calibration error again, please any idea?
thank you in advance
It's not addressing the issue, but do you really need the sensors?
Your Phantom will fly faster with the obstacle avoidance sensors disabled.
If you are flying in open areas and don't need obstacle avoidance, just switch them off.
Mine has been disabled for 4 years now.

You are very right about that but here in finland we have nothing but forrest ?
That is why I think i need sensors mate4.
I still need your help guys

Ok
After reading heaps of posts on this same issue it seems if calibration of sensors is successful and you get error still in flight,it could be either 3 things,both are inside the drone shell.
1...vps sensor module .
Screenshot_20210429-193034_Google.jpg

2....front obstacle avoidance monocular cams
Screenshot_20210429-193150_Google.jpg

3....vision module board ......this part not cheap ,Ebay 350 to 500 depending where you buy..you might be better to buy a used crashed drone for parts...
Either repair you choose you will have to split the shell to get inside,,,I have these parts but p4s and bound to be different just to be annoying,,,I pretty sure they not the same,,,,,,yeh those trees are drone magnets but not always the obstacle avoidance will save it,it can stop if senses something but stick input after that point is critical especially if you a bit away from it,its just to hard to judge amount you can move,,very deceiving even if watching from device due to no wing mirrors to look back unless you pan around a 360% turn,branches stick out and might not be picked up up sensors depending on shadows and light,,
This is a big repair compared to just turning them off so it's up to you,,
The other thing is buying a part and it's not what you need to fix so as I mention a drone for parts might be cheaper option do you can swap them all without doin one at a time..there's a magnifying glass logo top of the forum page,,if you click and search obstacle avoidance and vps issue many posts will come up ,,,it will give you idea of this explanation

Well you asked,I can see you like this feature but most of us just turn them off ,handy but shouldn't rely on them 100% cause even low they can still fail on occasion
Your call ,if confident with tools you be able to repair ,just be super carefull with internal ribbon cable connectors, they like a snap lock to hold them in and break easy
Good luck if you go in there for surgery, it's also good to learn what's inside
Screenshot_20210429-193510_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: ide70
Just a thought from one of the worlds oldest guys on here. Take a look at the opening on the front sensors. It should fill the opening and be perfectly centered on the hole it peeks through. Make sure it is clean also with no dirt or debris. Sensors here in the USA are about $50 US

The easiest way that has been already talked about is to switch off the sensors.
Usually they are of no benefit. But around the trees (which he has plenty) I must admit that at least twice only sensors prevented me from hitting branches. It can easily happen that all of a sudden some leaf or a branch appears just a few cm from the cam when it seems to you that you are in the safe distance.
And if you're not watching the screen all the time which is usually not the case, it is only the sound of allert that wakes you up and makes your adrenal experience.
So it's your choice to have them on or off. But until you fix it I would put them off.

Ok
After reading heaps of posts on this same issue it seems if calibration of sensors is successful and you get error still in flight,it could be either 3 things,both are inside the drone shell.
1...vps sensor module .View attachment 121955
2....front obstacle avoidance monocular camsView attachment 121956
3....vision module board ......this part not cheap ,Ebay 350 to 500 depending where you buy..you might be better to buy a used crashed drone for parts...
Either repair you choose you will have to split the shell to get inside,,,I have these parts but p4s and bound to be different just to be annoying,,,I pretty sure they not the same,,,,,,yeh those trees are drone magnets but not always the obstacle avoidance will save it,it can stop if senses something but stick input after that point is critical especially if you a bit away from it,its just to hard to judge amount you can move,,very deceiving even if watching from device due to no wing mirrors to look back unless you pan around a 360% turn,branches stick out and might not be picked up up sensors depending on shadows and light,,
This is a big repair compared to just turning them off so it's up to you,,
The other thing is buying a part and it's not what you need to fix so as I mention a drone for parts might be cheaper option do you can swap them all without doin one at a time..there's a magnifying glass logo top of the forum page,,if you click and search obstacle avoidance and vps issue many posts will come up ,,,it will give you idea of this explanation

Well you asked,I can see you like this feature but most of us just turn them off ,handy but shouldn't rely on them 100% cause even low they can still fail on occasion
Your call ,if confident with tools you be able to repair ,just be super carefull with internal ribbon cable connectors, they like a snap lock to hold them in and break easy
Good luck if you go in there for surgery, it's also good to learn what's inside
View attachment 121957
Thank you very much for you great explaining and friendly help. i better let it be the way it is and in the future if i can get a crushed drone then i will tray to fix it.
by the way thank you all who tried to help me on that issue

I upgraded my phantom 3 pro controller.now I can't get in to my DJI dot GO APP.so there for I can't fly with GPS.yes the controller binds to my drone .I've noticed some how since the upgrade they called it at the time I updateing .it stops my usb port from working.or somehow my usb on my android thinks when I plug in to my usb it thinks what ever it is is for charging my phone only purposes.an I or my phone won't let me change that setting to ware for transferring files etc .my question is if I bought a new p3p controller,then opens up my app since dji .go app has a zip up if I uninstalled the app an reinstalls the app remembers the past right.would it remember the old controller an mess up my new controller.from my reached it didn't ruion my cntrlr but did some thing to the usb port an it's a big deal to switch it back I'm no elcectricticle mechanic what would happen with new controller.thank you

Last edited:
thank you in advance
Hi, I had the same issue when I was calibrating my P4P using a my desktop computer and a large monitor. After switching to my MacBook Pro laptop the calibration process “took” and problem was solved.

Hi, I had the same issue when I was calibrating my P4P using a my desktop computer and a large monitor. After switching to my MacBook Pro laptop the calibration process “took” and problem was solved.
Well I calibrate it successfully with my laptop but the issue is when I go for a fly and on the air it gives error again. That is my problem

Well I calibrate it successfully with my laptop but the issue is when I go for a fly and on the air it gives error again. That is my problem
I have search to see if compatible with what I got,I might post if they will work,unless someone closer than NZ that has parts,

I just had the very same problem. After several tries at recalibration I gave up and replaced the front sensors. I calibrated it one last time and it few without issues. I can’t see anything wrong with the old sensors

I just had the very same problem. After several tries at recalibration I gave up and replaced the front sensors. I calibrated it one last time and it few without issues. I can’t see anything wrong with the old sensors
Since you fix em are p4 ones compatible or different,,I sure flight system the same but are they compatible the pro has smaller more sleek airframe than the p4s so just thinking,,,if they fit I might give them away since I sold my baby (drone not baby)

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20