Dji phantom 2 crash/new build F550????

Reaction score
Hi all hope you’re having a good day unfortunately I had a crash or should I say one of the pillars wasn’t put on properly and fell off during flight I have disassembled my drone
Not sure what to call it board in between the main motherboard and the motor I.e. the board that holds the LEDs and all the connections from the main board I don’t think it’s such a big deal but one of the LEDs are falling off one of the boards and on a another board is deafly destroyed so I will need to buy at least one new component but I have just seen on DJI F550 frame and was wondering whether I could use the components out of my drone and some more parts to the build and make something new or am I well out of my depth

I believe the part you are describing is called the ESC. The Flame Wheel 550 is a hexacopter so you would need 2 more motors and 2 more ESC's. If you wanted to build your components into another craft you would need the Flame Wheel 450 frame or one of many other DIY quad copter frames. There is a forum that talks about exactly what you want to do here, DJI Flame Wheel F450 and F550 *******OWNERS******* Thread. - RC Groups

The problem (re)using a Phantom’s NAZA-based Flight Controller is that it will still require a P2 speced battery due to the required serial communication with it.
Using a NAZA proper (i.e. non-Phantom) FC would allow any properly sized 3S LiPo.

I believe the part you are describing is called the ESC. The Flame Wheel 550 is a hexacopter so you would need 2 more motors and 2 more ESC's. If you wanted to build your components into another craft you would need the Flame Wheel 450 frame or one of many other DIY quad copter frames. There is a forum that talks about exactly what you want to do here, DJI Flame Wheel F450 and F550 *******OWNERS******* Thread. - RC Groups

Hi thanks for your help Really appreciate it could you enlighten me any pros and cons to be using parts from my drone and adapting them one person that said the battery could be an issue

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4