Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 Pro that had a recent crash. I had been flying the drone off and on for about a year using my Samsung Tab a(6) tablet without a hitch. Initially, when I received back my repaired drone during a test flight I noticed torn video and weird displayed video, though ALL other functions worked well mechanically. So back to the factory again to fix the issue without knowledge of what they did this time if anything.

When I got it back the second time I had absolutely no camera video transmission, on my Samsung Tab and as before, everything else worked as it should. So trying to isolate the problem, this time I coupled the drone with my new Samsung S8. Wha-La, now I get video. So my issue is I prefer the video on the tablet due to sizing and an outdoor brightness option. The drone has the latest updates as it did before the repair, and the tablet has no firmware update options that I could find. The tablet is a 2016 model per the specs.

Now here is a good one: While the drone was airborne I tried to take pictures and video although not seeing anything displayed on my tablet. It worked and the results were crisp and clear as they should. So obviously this looks like a tablet issue but it worked before the drone repair and the tablet has never had any type of issues prior or currently.

Can anyone suggest a fix or have had a similar issue before?

I have a Phantom 4 Pro that had a recent crash. I had been flying the drone off and on for about a year using my Samsung Tab a(6) tablet without a hitch. Initially, when I received back my repaired drone during a test flight I noticed torn video and weird displayed video, though ALL other functions worked well mechanically. So back to the factory again to fix the issue without knowledge of what they did this time if anything.

When I got it back the second time I had absolutely no camera video transmission, on my Samsung Tab and as before, everything else worked as it should. So trying to isolate the problem, this time I coupled the drone with my new Samsung S8. Wha-La, now I get video. So my issue is I prefer the video on the tablet due to sizing and an outdoor brightness option. The drone has the latest updates as it did before the repair, and the tablet has no firmware update options that I could find. The tablet is a 2016 model per the specs.

Now here is a good one: While the drone was airborne I tried to take pictures and video although not seeing anything displayed on my tablet. It worked and the results were crisp and clear as they should. So obviously this looks like a tablet issue but it worked before the drone repair and the tablet has never had any type of issues prior or currently.

Can anyone suggest a fix or have had a similar issue before?
Anyone change in transmission channel when using different channel or same result,,,try relinking to establish a good conection again

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Interesting suggestion. That hasn't been tried and I would have thought this to be automatic and there was an initial handshake between the bird and the controller. I'll check this out in a day or so and come back with the result. Thanks for the reply!

Well, I'm back, but not with good news, at least for me. I'm glad I performed this exercise as I was starting to feel inept.

Things I tried:
1. I checked and rechecked all the settings regarding transmission
2. I did a relinking of the P4P and the controller
3. I again tried a different controller cable
4. I made sure and confirmed, I had the latest firmware and DJI Go 4 app
5. I tried both frequencies, 2.4 and 5.8, auto and custom

Now I'm not sure where to go from here. My tablet has only been used for the drone. Starting when the drone was sent in for repair, the tablet was never used until the drone came back.

Today was another exercise. I tried the tablet via Wi-Fi to another camera. Works great as it did before. The only thing that makes sense is that there is an issue compatibility with the new DJI firmware update that effects my specific tablet. I cannot duplicate the loss of video transmission via Wi-Fi on the other camera. DJI has repaired my P4P and returned a second time to correct the video issue, but apparently did nothing or could not find anything.

Later today I tried Samsung which proved out nothing is wrong with the tablet. The tablet has no way of specifying Wi-Fi frequencies but works on all 5.8 and 2.4. However, the real issue may be overlooked and point to something else. The Wi-Fi is from the RC to the P4P with no relationship to the tablet in question. The USB connection is what provides the drone camera signal to the tablet. I know the connection is good from the RC as it displays video on my Samsung S8 cell. I have also tried another USB cable as well with no further success. Both the controller and tablet have not been touched or used for any purpose while the P4P was in repair until it returned. To make this all the more confusing, why do I get the DJI GO4 application display (menu, location square, settings etc,) but not the camera display?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj