Dji P3S losing signal at around 400m.

No disrespect to those who create analytical utilities ... but as a Laboratory Owner - I know just how different theoretical and actual can be ...
When we get to the P3 and its RF ... well - its just unpredictable.

I have seen even my P3P drop to short range in a location that my P3S was good and vice versa.

Nigel
Does anyone know what Milliwatt power and/or DBw the standard controller should be putting out?

Does anyone know what Milliwatt power and/or DBw the standard controller should be putting out?

DJI do list it in the specs ...........

5.8Ghz =
Transmitter Power (EIRP)
  • FCC: 19 dBm
  • CE: 14 dBm
  • MIC: 10 dBm
The 2.4GHz is not listed on the page ... which I always found strange.

Page 50 of the Standard manual at bottom reports WiFI : CE is 20dbm and FCC is 27dbm on the 2.4Ghz signal.

Icarus gives you option to increase both RC and AC to 30dbm ... but it is advised not to go higher than the FCC 27dbm.
Magic Power I do not know if goes above 27dbm.

Nigel

DJI do list it in the specs ...........

5.8Ghz =
Transmitter Power (EIRP)
  • FCC: 19 dBm
  • CE: 14 dBm
  • MIC: 10 dBm
The 2.4GHz is not listed on the page ... which I always found strange.

Page 50 of the Standard manual at bottom reports WiFI : CE is 20dbm and FCC is 27dbm on the 2.4Ghz signal.

Icarus gives you option to increase both RC and AC to 30dbm ... but it is advised not to go higher than the FCC 27dbm.
Magic Power I do not know if goes above 27dbm.

Nigel

OK, so I thought dBm was always a negative number. So then do they mean -19 dBm?

The majic power only does video so range is not improved. My P3 just does an instant RTH at around 1300 feet even with range booster antennas. My fix it to use litchi missions and just let the app run the quad as it will not RTH when the signal is lost. Other fix was to just buy a mavic and P4 which will go several miles. The p3 is great for learning and short fights but not worth spending money on improvements when you can buy a P4 for under $600, same with mavic. (dji refurb)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic