DJI NO FLY ZONE PAGE = ACTUAL NO FLY ZONES?

Reaction score
Very near buying a P3P. Have been watching the geofencing issue closely. Looked at DJI's map, and there don't seem to be many NFZs near me. But does that map closely match what the aircraft actually uses? Is it the same map? I don't want to buy a P3 based on one map and then find out it actually uses a different map with 1000 more NFZs!
Anybody who knows, please chime in, thanks!

Very near buying a P3P. Have been watching the geofencing issue closely. Looked at DJI's map, and there don't seem to be many NFZs near me. But does that map closely match what the aircraft actually uses? Is it the same map? I don't want to buy a P3 based on one map and then find out it actually uses a different map with 1000 more NFZs!
Anybody who knows, please chime in, thanks!
Buy a phantom 3 now before they start shipping with the Geofence enabled firmware. Install DJI Go now on your device you will use with the controller and then change the phone settings so that the app will not auto update. This is at least a temporary fix by not upgrading to the Geofence firmware. If you wait too long to buy, the geofence firmware will already be on the quadcopter. DJI has never forced anyone to update their firmware, as is now if you decline a firmware update 3 times it will make you click a button to acknowledge the risk and it will never ask you to update again, (until there is another firmware update I guess)

What you see on the DJI map are the areas that are programmed into the DJI flight limitation system. You will not be able to fly or will be limited to certain altitudes in those areas. If you're in the US, there are a lot of other areas that are restricted... smaller airports, national parks, military installations etc. but are not programmed into the firmware. Check this link for more Do-Not-Fly areas in the US. Don't Fly Drones Here

What you see on the DJI map are the areas that are programmed into the DJI flight limitation system. You will not be able to fly or will be limited to certain altitudes in those areas. If you're in the US, there are a lot of other areas that are restricted... smaller airports, national parks, military installations etc. but are not programmed into the firmware. Check this link for more Do-Not-Fly areas in the US. Don't Fly Drones Here
Yup, in the US here. So the DJI map is accurate to the firmware restrictions, but there are more NFZs that aren't in either? Gotcha. More research!

If dealers were smart they would advertise the P3 firmware level they have available to buy. Seems absurd, but that may be an incentive to someone "in the know" that wants to buy a new Phantom.

I actually just had a conversation with Brendan this evening.

He truly, truly does care and is committed to keeping the experience excellent. They are fixing this as fast as possible and do understand. I think they just need to communicate that better.

But I feel 100% better after our conversation. I truly do.

I actually just had a conversation with Brendan this evening.

He truly, truly does care and is committed to keeping the experience excellent. They are fixing this as fast as possible and do understand. I think they just need to communicate that better.

But I feel 100% better after our conversation. I truly do.
Good to know! Been reading about him too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic